Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning for Sig owners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Ya.... Since the centerfire pistol ban were kicking em down the street we've so many !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭onetimecypher

Only need to have 1, and for it to fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Be very lucky to have one of these here in this great little country..Seeing it was introduced in 2014 in the US.:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭onetimecypher

Would you not be worried if you had ANY model of Sig, especially as the video states that ALL PREVIOUS drop tests specify 90 or 45 degree angle and not the particular angle that they proved was unsafe.

Just sayin.

This was a public service announcement, not an invitation for you to freak out, as I know at least 4 people with Sigs.

If this thread offends you, please ask moderator to delete, and I will gladly accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I had a sig x-5 in .40 s&w, and no i was not concerned in the least about any mechanical issue's, as it was made properly in Germany. The Americans insist that the guns they buy be made in America and so sig opens a factory there, then the Americans wonder why the guns don't have the same quality as the Swiss/German ones.

If i was lucky enough to be able to buy a centrefire pistol again, it would be a sig p210 made in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

gunny123 wrote: »
    I had a sig x-5 in .40 s&w, and no i was not concerned in the least about any mechanical issue's, as it was made properly in Germany. The Americans insist that the guns they buy be made in America and so sig opens a factory there, then the Americans wonder why the guns don't have the same quality as the Swiss/German ones.

If i was lucky enough to be able to buy a centerfire pistol again, it would be a sig p210 made in Germany.

That's also because they were SIG SAUERand had excellent quality control.We have a Sig Sauer 220 in Germany and that thing will, like my fathers Rolex will continue to work when my great grandkids inherit them..Belt in nails with that yoke and it won't fire until it is made do so.The American SIGs are rushed into production designs to be the "newest shiniest, improved" design and are not properly tested or fault found. Or simpler solution and have some money to buy ammo left.Buy a Glock.:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Buy a Glock.:P

:D:p

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement