Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slieve league advice please

Options
  • 07-08-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Want to head to slieve league this week but wife is fairly restricted mobility
    Question is,is it worthwhile if the boss can only manage 300-500 metres at a time
    Or will we end up sitting in the car park like 2 tits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭DonegalBay

Want to head to slieve league this week but wife is fairly restricted mobility
    Question is,is it worthwhile if the boss can only manage 300-500 metres at a time
    Or will we end up sitting in the car park like 2 tits

The upper car park(see below) takes you very close to good viewing points of the cliffs and surrounding scenery which is still pretty spectacular. I think the main viewing point is less than 100m from the car park. Now if you want to walk to the very top of the cliffs, that is a different matter as even people with full mobility will struggle with the climb.

People can correct me, but I think you will have a good enough experience without the need to go to the top of the cliffs. Most people are blown away by the views without going to the top.

Also the first car park you will come across with toilets etc is quite a distance from the actual cliffs, there is a gate on the road and many people assume this is as far as you can drive. Not the case, the gate can be opened and you can drive right to the upper car park at the cliffs which I mentioned.

If it is a decent day, it is a spectacular experience and well worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

DonegalBay wrote: »
    The upper car park(see below) takes you very close to good viewing points of the cliffs and surrounding scenery which is still pretty spectacular. I think the main viewing point is less than 100m from the car park. Now if you want to walk to the very top of the cliffs, that is a different matter as even people with full mobility will struggle with the climb.

People can correct me, but I think you will have a good enough experience without the need to go to the top of the cliffs. Most people are blown away by the views without going to the top.

Also the first car park you will come across with toilets etc is quite a distance from the actual cliffs, there is a gate on the road and many people assume this is as far as you can drive. Not the case, the gate can be opened and you can drive right to the upper car park at the cliffs which I mentioned.

If it is a decent day, it is a spectacular experience and well worth doing.

thank you for your advice...worked out 100%

Advertisement