Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My teeth cause me a lot of pain

• 07-08-2017 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys so background, im a 20yo female, currently i have 3 molars filled and another that needs filling. I have a medical card and no funds for dental work.

Firstly- i've been told by dentists before that I could do with braces. I feel like I have a very bad bite, as well as a minor overbite. I need one of my filled molars pulled however- so even if I had the money for braces in the future, would it be worth getting them if I have a molar-sized gap? Would my teeth end up migrating to the side the gap is on more than evening out, if that makes sense?

Secondly, my gums have been receding but it's stopped since i've began a proper flossing and mouthwash regimen, but I'm still worried at how loose they are- but my dentist didn't notice it at my last check up? He didn't comment on it at all- should I bring it up at my next one, seeing as he didn't seem to notice a problem?

Lastly, I'm freaking out because of my next appt. I'm getting a tooth filled & a tooth pulled. Last filling I had was Nov. '15, and the anaesthetic made no difference at all. I had between 8 & 10 injections between the 2 teeth I had work on, and no reaction to anaesthetic until 4 hours later. The next day I woke with my face swollen, my eyes were nearly swelled shut. I haven't had allergy testing (surprise- it's expensive or takes months), and the dentist told me it's likely an adrenaline allergy so he's going to use local anaesthetic anyways. He kinda had a be grand attitude, but obviously i'm not feeling too confident in that. Anyone experienced anything similar? i'm so scared. Apparently adrenaline treats anaphylaxis, not causes it.... help?

Advertisement