Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork/Kerry lakes to fish w/out a permit

• 07-08-2017 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey,
    I'm planning to fish down in Kerry over the weekend a few hours sat evening and all day Sunday. I'll be buying a permit for a few lakes and I'm just wondering if there are any lakes I don't need a permit for so I can fish on the Saturday? I'll be looking to catch brown/rainbow trout from the bank only.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭realrebel

Hey,
    I'm planning to fish down in Kerry over the weekend a few hours sat evening and all day Sunday. I'll be buying a permit for a few lakes and I'm just wondering if there are any lakes I don't need a permit for so I can fish on the Saturday? I'll be looking to catch brown/rainbow trout from the bank only.
    Thank you

Plenty of small lakes that are free fishing if u Google map it u will find loads. Rainbow trout u will have to pay for tho, where are u staying?
    Clonee lakes outside Kenmare are great for brownies so are Lough leane in killarney and carragh lake by killorglin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Clonee lakes are licenced afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewAngler74

realrebel wrote: »
    Plenty of small lakes that are free fishing if u Google map it u will find loads. Rainbow trout u will have to pay for tho, where are u staying?
    Clonee lakes outside Kenmare are great for brownies so are Lough leane in killarney and carragh lake by killorglin

I'll be staying in kenmare for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

I'll be staying in kenmare for the night

Call to O Hares tackle shop on the Main Street-He will put you right!

Advertisement