Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wooden boat repair in Dublin area?

• 07-08-2017 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Allo folks,

I was chatting with the owner of Marguerite today (built 1896 - the boat, not the owner), and he mentioned that the wood abaft the fashion timbers needs some maintenance that he's not capable of doing by himself. He said at least four people have said they'd help do it, and not one of them came through.

Anyone know of someone (or is someone) who could commit to helping with this? I don't know whether there's funds set aside etc - most I can do is put two people in contact with each other and let them talk :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Very few whod give free time that would have the skill for working on a boat that age. Best bet could be larry archer in st.margarets but would need paying

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

How big is the boat and do you need someone with a workshop and steam bending equipment, or just a helping hand.

Is this her by any chance.

large-wooden-cruiser-being-repaired-ashore-at-lowtown-5_resize_zpsfj6gyxib.jpg

Advertisement