If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48-50" Smart TV recommendations

Options
  • 07-08-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

I bought a Samsung UE32J5500 off you some time back and having moved house it's now a little lost on the wall so looking to upgrade to something bigger! For what seemed to be a low end TV i've been very impressed with it for Sports and gaming!

I'm looking at 48-50" TV's. Budget around €750-ish. TV will primarily be used for watching sports and playing Xbox so good picture quality, in particular the motion rate is important. I have a UE48H6400 and find the motion blur quite bad when watching football.

Not necessarily looking at 4K, it would be nice but would rather put the budget towards a normal LED/HD if it gets me a better screen.

I've always gone for Samsung's so i suppose i'm looking at them again but will consider other brands if there's better value to be had. I had looked at the UE50MU6100 but some reviews online suggest it may suffer from motion blur (seems it's equivilent to 50Hz) - all the different motion processing abbreviations used by different manufacturers has me confused!! What about the UE49MU6400?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

DaveD wrote: »
    I bought a Samsung UE32J5500 off you some time back and having moved house it's now a little lost on the wall so looking to upgrade to something bigger! For what seemed to be a low end TV i've been very impressed with it for Sports and gaming!

I'm looking at 48-50" TV's. Budget around €750-ish. TV will primarily be used for watching sports and playing Xbox so good picture quality, in particular the motion rate is important. I have a UE48H6400 and find the motion blur quite bad when watching football.

Not necessarily looking at 4K, it would be nice but would rather put the budget towards a normal LED/HD if it gets me a better screen.

I've always gone for Samsung's so i suppose i'm looking at them again but will consider other brands if there's better value to be had. I had looked at the UE50MU6100 but some reviews online suggest it may suffer from motion blur (seems it's equivilent to 50Hz) - all the different motion processing abbreviations used by different manufacturers has me confused!! What about the UE49MU6400?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Hey DaveD.

Thanks for the post and for coming back to us.

The 50MU6100 has been popular enough but if your worried about the refresh rate being so low I would not risk it.

The 49MU6400 is a very nice television and well spec'd. Its 4K HDR and runs at 1500 PQI which is well up the Samsung motion processing and above 50Hz.
    Currently priced at £699
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202612-ue49mu6400.aspx

Panasonic offer up the 49EX600 coming in at £629.00. Also 4K HDR and runs at 1300 BMR  I think this is around 60Hz but I'm not 100%.
    It really is difficult to work out the different manufacturers rates.
    The way to view it is the higher the better across all manufacturers.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202558-viera-tx49ex600b.aspx

LG also have their LG 49UJ670, again 4K HDR and running at TM100Hz. priced at £649.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202502-49uj670v.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I'm kind of of swaying towards the 49MU6400. What's the best Boardsie price on it? Need it delivered to Kildare. Seems to be as low as £635 on Amazon.

Do you have it in stock?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I'm kind of of swaying towards the 49MU6400. What's the best Boardsie price on it? Need it delivered to Kildare. Seems to be as low as £635 on Amazon.

Do you have it in stock?
    Hi DaveD,

its £635 on Amazon but it only comes with a 12 month warranty at that price - its not supplied by ( but via!) Amazon and the 3rd party company that supplies it will not deliver to the ROI ( I've just checked!).

Our price is £699 + £6.99 shipping = £706.99 / €879 including shipping - I'm happy to go to £829 including shipping and our 6 year warranty - Loads of them in stock so if you would like to order just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will get back to you to arrange a delivery for you.

Thanks again and dont hesitate to drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi DaveD,

its £635 on Amazon but it only comes with a 12 month warranty at that price - its not supplied by ( but via!) Amazon and the 3rd party company that supplies it will not deliver to the ROI ( I've just checked!).

Our price is £699 + £6.99 shipping = £706.99 / €879 including shipping - I'm happy to go to £829 including shipping and our 6 year warranty - Loads of them in stock so if you would like to order just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will get back to you to arrange a delivery for you.

ATVB

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks John,

I assume the £829 incl delivery should read €829??

I'd like to pay in sterling. Can you give me your best price incl shipping?

Hi DaveD,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks John,

Hi DaveD.

Going on Johns 829 euro pricing the best sterling i could offer would be £689.00 Delivered.

If you want to go for one drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Hi Kenny / John,

I was going to piggyback on this post as those three TVs seem to be exactly what I want, but when I got the measuring tape out last night I think 43 inch might be the largest the room could handle. Do any of these 3 TVs come in a 43inch or could you recommend similar? 

Does the drop in size effect the benefits of the Ultra HD much? TV will be used mostly for Sky Q, Netflix and some PS4 playing

I'd be looking for delivery to cork?

Thanks!

bigronnie9 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny / John,

I was going to piggyback on this post as those three TVs seem to be exactly what I want, but when I got the measuring tape out last night I think 43 inch might be the largest the room could handle. Do any of these 3 TVs come in a 43inch or could you recommend similar? 

Does the drop in size effect the benefits of the Ultra HD much? TV will be used mostly for Sky Q, Netflix and some PS4 playing

Thanks!
    Hi Bigronnie.

The Samsung and the Panasonic come in a 40" but not a 43" if that size maybe of interest?

The LG does come in a 43". The LG 43UJ670which is priced at £499.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx

A drop in size if anything would help the image as there is less screen for the image to fill.

Hi Kenny / John,

Thanks!
    Hi Bigronnie.

The Samsung and the Panasonic come in a 40" but not a 43" if that size maybe of interest?

A drop in size if anything would help the image as there is less screen for the image to fill.
    Thanks for the quick response Kenny, I'd also be tempted to get a soundbar to go along with it, nothing too expensive but maybe something like:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201287-samsung-hwj355xu.aspx

Any thoughts on that? How much would it be for both including delivery to Cork?

Thanks!

Hi Kenny / John,

Thanks!
    Hi Bigronnie.

Thanks for the quick response Kenny, I'd also be tempted to get a soundbar to go along with it, nothing too expensive but maybe something like:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201287-samsung-hwj355xu.aspx

Any thoughts on that? How much would it be for both including delivery to Cork?

Thanks!
    Hi Bigronnie.

I'm not sure were you got the link from but that is a really old product unfortunately.

I double checked in case it had been left on in error but I don't see it on there anymore.

That little Samsung had been priced at around £99 so something in the same price bracket would be the Roth Sub Zero priced at £99.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/roth/sub-zero-ii/roth-sub-zero-ii

For something with a bit more substance there is the Philips HTL2183 with wireless subwoofer priced at £149.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202682-htl2183b.aspx

Delivery would cost just £6.99

Hi Bigronnie.

I'm not sure were you got the link from but that is a really old product unfortunately.

I double checked in case it had been left on in error but I don't see it on there anymore.

That little Samsung had been priced at around £99 so something in the same price bracket would be the Roth Sub Zero priced at £99.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/roth/sub-zero-ii/roth-sub-zero-ii

For something with a bit more substance there is the Philips HTL2183 with wireless subwoofer priced at £149.00

Hi Kenny,

Looks good!

Think I'll go for the LG:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

And the Philips:

Whats the best boardsie price you can do for both delivered to Cork? And whats the best way to order?

• Advertisement

Hi Bigronnie.

Hi Kenny,

Looks good!

Think I'll go for the LG:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202500-43uj670v.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

And the Philips:

Whats the best boardsie price you can do for both delivered to Cork? And whats the best way to order?
    Hi Bigronnie.

No real movement on those items unfortunately. I could offer free shipping on the order.

Total would be £648. TV includes our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

If you want to go ahead drop me your contact number in a PM and I can give you a call.

Hi DaveD,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks John,

Hi DaveD.

Going on Johns 829 euro pricing the best sterling i could offer would be £689.00 Delivered.

If you want to go for one drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call.

Hi Kenny,

I see the UE49MU6400 dropped to £619 on your website so I've just put through the order. Thanks for all your help. Any idea when delivery is likely to be?

One final question, and maybe something i'll do at a later date but was wondering do i need to upgrade my HDMI cable to get the best out of the TV? I'm currently just using the standard one that comes with the Sky box. If so, what do you recommend? I'd need 2m length and a thin cable if possible.

Hi DaveD,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks John,

Hi DaveD.

Hi Kenny,

I see the UE49MU6400 dropped to £619 on your website so I've just put through the order. Thanks for all your help. Any idea when delivery is likely to be?

One final question, and maybe something i'll do at a later date but was wondering do i need to upgrade my HDMI cable to get the best out of the TV? I'm currently just using the standard one that comes with the Sky box. If so, what do you recommend? I'd need 2m length and a thin cable if possible.
    Hi DaveD.

Thanks for your order :)

It depends how old your HDMI leads are and if they are 4K compatible. 

If you did decide to upgrade the AudioQuest pearl's are very good. Its what I use at home at the moment.
    Priced at £34 for a 2m.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200470-pearl-hdmi-2m.aspx

The TV will be shipping on Monday and should arrive on Wednesday for you. Our courier will ne in touch via text and confirm which day they will deliver it out.

Should you have any issues please let me know.

Hi DaveD,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks John,

Hi DaveD.

Hi Kenny,

Hi DaveD.

If you did decide to upgrade the AudioQuest pearl's are very good. Its what I use at home at the moment.
    Priced at £34 for a 2m.

The TV will be shipping on Monday and should arrive on Wednesday for you. Our courier will ne in touch via text and confirm which day they will deliver it out.

Hi Kenny,

Do you know if this shipped on Monday?  Haven't heard anything from the courier. No worries if it didn't, have someone waiting at home in case its due today.

Hi DaveD,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks John,

Hi DaveD.

Hi Kenny,

Hi DaveD.

Priced at £34 for a 2m.

Hi Kenny,

Do you know if this shipped on Monday?  Haven't heard anything from the courier. No worries if it didn't, have someone waiting at home in case its due today.
    Hi DaveD,

It definitely shipped on Monday and should be out for delivery today.

Let me know if you haven;t received anything at 5pm and I will chase for you.

Kind regards

David

Delivered at 6pm this evening David. Thanks!

Excellent News DaveD :D

Hi Kenny,

I assume i shouldn't be getting this much backlight bleed?

2ex8nqs.jpg

Fjm65GI.jpg

Hi Kenny,

I assume i shouldn't be getting this much backlight bleed?

2ex8nqs.jpg

Fjm65GI.jpg
    Hmmmmm......

Its hard to tell from the photos.

Is it only in that one corner or is it the whole way around?

Could you maybe drop me the photos in an email to service@richersounds.ie

Hmmmmm.......

Email sent. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hmmmmm.......

Email sent. Thanks.
    Thanks DaveD.

Will get a look and be in touch ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.