Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beacon broadband

Options
  • 07-08-2017 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Has anyone had any experience directly of this company operating out of Derry but also covering parts of North Donegal. Just found out they are covering south Inishowen now. Please PM if needs be. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I signed up with them about a month ago as I couldn't wait to bin BlueBox.  They seem to be much more helpful and speeds seem to be more consistent.  So far so good anyway...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Newtothis1

Hi. Does anyone know if this will work in Rossnowlagh? I don't know if I need to put a landline in or not.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Newtothis1 wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know if this will work in Rossnowlagh? I don't know if I need to put a landline in or not.
    I would sincerely doubt it. They're a wireless operator and you'd be well outside their current catchment area.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

Ive had them for 4 months or so now and cant really fault their speeds.  CUstomer service is very good too compared to bluebox.

Only problem is my wife works from home and sometimes when on calls the latency means she sometimes cant be heard or drops out...a bit frustrating.

But for overall netflix, you tube etc its great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement