Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

gctest50 wrote: »
    Ban it on the streets
    Ban people using the streets is my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

kylith wrote: »
    Ever come across them running on the actual road? And people think cyclists are bad.

Some men believe it's a woman's/the other person's job to get out of their way. I've done some wee real-world tests of this myself and a lot of men will keep walking until they walk into you.

I find this to be the case with most people. On the odd time where I decide I'm not going to twist my body sideways to pass someone just to see what happens a shoulder bump is inevitable. 90% of people are dense idiots too focused on chatting to their mate or looking around at the shops to see what's in front of them. Especially given that I'm a big lad and am unlikely to come off the worst from a collision.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    If he is like the joggers in Dublin, he will do it again.

Hate going out around 7-9pm as there is always one that will bang into you just because they can't be bothered to go round you.

Its all about seconds and if it means they shave .0001 of a second by shoving someone under a bus, then that is all that matters.

Tbh I have a lot of sympathy for joggers in general. Its a very tough form of exercise and someone stepping in your way doesn't just cost you seconds it can kill your momentum and drain your energy getting back up to pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Dry your eyes mate.

marcus001 wrote: »
    Tbh I have a lot of sympathy for joggers in general. Its a very tough form of exercise and someone stepping in your way doesn't just cost you seconds it can kill your momentum and drain your energy getting back up to pace.

While I believe from watching the video analysis the woman did try and trip the person who was running, are you suggesting that you have every right to push people out of the way as it will cost you seconds or drain your energy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

marcus001 wrote: »

Then don't jog where people are walking seems like a sensible rule of thumb. If a jogger is going to take up a form of exercise with said downsides and then insist on practicing it on busy footpaths, breaking up the flow of traffic and relying on others to get out of their way because of momentum, I have no sympathy when walkers don't leap out of their way to preserve their stride. Especially if the jogger is being rude about it.

They should find a park and not be so precious about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What did she think she was doing putting her leg out trying to trip him for anyway?

I think he just saw red when she tried to trip him up and pushed her without thinking of the danger of the traffic passing next to them.

What did she think she was doing putting her leg out trying to trip him for anyway?

I think he just saw red when she tried to trip him up and pushed her without thinking of the danger of the traffic passing next to them.

Oh, don't start that line again please. It was funny for about five minutes when we were all taking the piss out of the notion, but it didn't happen. You know someone will take it seriously, even if you're not. If you are, watch the video again.

Samaris wrote: »
    Oh, don't start that line again please. It was funny for about five minutes when we were all taking the piss out of the notion, but it didn't happen. You know someone will take it seriously, even if you're not. If you are, watch the video again.

Maybe you should watch it again, her leg goes up before he pushes her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

shsssh

• Advertisement

*facepalm*

Okay, you go on believing it. The police don't, which is the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

its pretty obvious the lizard people, in association with the reverse vampires, conspired to frame this innocent jogger

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

gctest50 wrote: »
    Ban it on the streets

Yeah we should deffo follow Sierra Leones example, I mean it's renowned as a haven of stability and good governance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

have they not found him yet?? surely they can't be that many joggers matching his discription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You could watch till the cows come home and they still dont come up until he pushes her . repeating it doesnt mean it happened .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ban Streets, just have motorways

While I believe from watching the video analysis the woman did try and trip the person who was running, are you suggesting that you have every right to push people out of the way as it will cost you seconds or drain your energy?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I wonder would you be so insistent if he had pushed a man into the path of an oncoming bus?

Then don't jog where people are walking seems like a sensible rule of thumb. If a jogger is going to take up a form of exercise with said downsides and then insist on practicing it on busy footpaths, breaking up the flow of traffic and relying on others to get out of their way because of momentum, I have no sympathy when walkers don't leap out of their way to preserve their stride. Especially if the jogger is being rude about it.

They should find a park and not be so precious about it.

I run in the park for this very reason and its very irritating when a group of 3 auld biddies wouldn't make room for you or some wanker doesn't rein in his dog so you have to give him a berth of about 10ft so as not to trip over his leash.

There's nowhere that's good for running which is why I go late in the evening when there are few walkers around.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I wonder would you be so insistent if he had pushed a man into the path of an oncoming bus?

Yeah I would.

If you have something to say then spit it out, are you suggesting I like throwing women to the ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Loving the "she has a leg up before he pushed her" line.

I mean I'm not sure if people are trolling, blind or seeing another video, but it's clear to 99%of people that she did not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I mean I'm not sure if people are trolling, blind or seeing another video, but it's clear to 99%of people that she did not.

If you play the video at 0.25%, I can see where people are mistaking the joggers right leg for her one.

(sorry for the potato quality of the screenshot...!)

xeldqmh.png

In the frame before and afterward (just before the hit) she's still walking in a straight line.

And here, he looks like he's shoving her with his right arm.

V3MscmZ.png

Still a scummy thing to do.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah I watched it a million times trying to see this trip. There's a part (I think me_irl has it above) where the wind appears to whip her coat up as she's stepping and gives the impression she stuck her foot out.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

You can see both her legs going from her body to the ground as he (yes, it does look like an elbow or shoulder-barge) rams her. The only way one can argue that as a kick is if she's pirouetting with three legs (two fo which are whitish, the third one is apparently black and indeed suspiciously coat-like).

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I've watched it over and over on mac and iPhone and find it hard to say without doubt whether her leg rises before contact is made. The video is too grainy. Worst case, even if she did raise her leg, I think she was defending herself against a big sweaty monster bearing down on her.

What I am sure of is he adjusted the angle of his run towards her as soon as he had passed by the guy - was he looking where he was going? His behaviour afterwards speaks volumes and annoys me more than anything i.e. He didn't stop, just kept going.

She did very well to keep her head and upper torso from hitting the road - this plus the drivers reactions are what saved her.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I've watched it over and over on mac and iPhone and find it hard to say without doubt whether her leg rises before contact is made. The video is too grainy. Worst case, even if she did raise her leg, I think she was defending herself against a big sweaty monster bearing down on her.

What I am sure of is he adjusted the angle of his run towards her as soon as he had passed by the guy - was he looking where he was going? His behaviour afterwards speaks volumes and annoys me more than anything i.e. He didn't stop, just kept going.

She did very well to keep her head and upper torso from hitting the road - this plus the drivers reactions are what saved her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Y'see, that's your problem right there. :D

There has to be that 1%. I refer to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

So what we are saying is that CCTV in the most heavily CCTV'd City in the most heavily CCTV'dd country cant't even convict a jogger.

So much for the terrorism excuse for CCTV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

No chance of this guy being caught now then?
    After all the media coverage and the like you think he would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

It's a city of nearly nine million people - a man out running is utterly unremarkable, with no paper trail like someone e.g. checking into an airport.

Seems fair in my opinion that it is taking a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Spider Web wrote: »
    It's a city of nearly nine million people - a man out running is utterly unremarkable, with no paper trail like someone e.g. checking into an airport.

Seems fair in my opinion that it is taking a long time.

Yes but it got massive media attention. You must remember gpo girl when the garda released her picture too ;) Didn't take too long. Sure it was a decent picture of her too tho. In this case I think the footage is just too low quality (bus footage) to be identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Someone must recognize his clothing and running style though. Someone who knows him too well though I suppose.

No chance of this guy being caught now then?
    After all the media coverage and the like you think he would have.

Any chance of finding the woman who clearly tried to trip him and cause him physical damage?

Any chance of finding the woman who clearly tried to trip him and cause him physical damage?

shssssh

• Advertisement

dresden8 wrote: »
    So what we are saying is that CCTV in the most heavily CCTV'd City in the most heavily CCTV'dd country cant't even convict a jogger.

So much for the terrorism excuse for CCTV.

I think the resources put towards obtaining cctv from establishments would be far greater for a terrorist event than someone who got pushed over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Why are people still clinging to this notion that she tried to trip him, it's as clear as day it's his fault.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Why are people still clinging to this notion that she tried to trip him, it's as clear as day it's his fault.
    It is very clear that folks wish to see what they wish to see rather than what is clear and obviously proven in front of their eyes should they wish to look.

jamesbere wrote: »

Cos he's either trolling or just....

Either way it's probably easier to just ignore it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Cos he's either trolling or just....

Either way it's probably easier to just ignore it now.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Isn't London the most CCTV covered city in the world? Thats why I was sure he would be caught by now.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Isn't London the most CCTV covered city in the world? Thats why I was sure he would be caught by now.

It was someone pushed over. By the time any copper got around to looking for any I'd imagine it would have been long written over.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    That begs the question of what happened to all the footage from all the other cameras on the route the jogger would have taken before and after the bridge,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It may have already been mentioned but someone told me that this actually happened in May. If only the police had come to us first we could have told them to check all the neighbouring CCTV footage.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It may have already been mentioned but someone told me that this actually happened in May. If only the police had come to us first we could have told them to check all the neighbouring CCTV footage.

Earlier than that, I'm pretty sure I saw January or February. I remember thinking "sheesh, that was at the start of the year, were we all too busy paying attention to the eejit in the US?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

It is very clear that folks wish to see what they wish to see rather than what is clear and obviously proven in front of their eyes should they wish to look.
    Ain't that the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Earlier than that, I'm pretty sure I saw January or February. I remember thinking "sheesh, that was at the start of the year, were we all too busy paying attention to the eejit in the US?"

Numerous news reports stated it happened in May

Ah okay, I stand corrected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

http://news.sky.com/story/putney-pusher-new-cctv-images-of-jogger-suspect-released-by-police-11033621

Maybe a better image of the man

Hope he is caught and well done to bus driver here again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Victim never came forward. She was also there when he ran back over the bridge.

I wonder was there any connection between the two of them.

Still he was a total Pr!ck to push her into the path of the traffic. Attempted murder IMV no matter what.

I hope they nab him, but I doubt they will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement