Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Victim never came forward. She was also there when he ran back over the bridge.

I wonder was there any connection between the two of them.

Still he was a total Pr!ck to push her into the path of the traffic. Attempted murder IMV no matter what.

I hope they nab him, but I doubt they will.

She didn't go to the police? Jaysus that's very strange. You'd think after nearly getting killed by a bus the first thing she'd do would be to report it.

I'd say they know/knew each other in some capacity. It would go some way towards explaining why it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Neyite wrote: »
    It's over 5 years ago now and it wasn't in Dublin so highly unlikely there was CCTV in the first place. I'd actually forgotten it until I was reading about this case.

It wasn't someone I recognised or the car and in broad daylight, it was midday on a lovely sunny day and he was looking straight at me. So just an asshole. A few passerby's saw it happen and were pretty shocked.

Anyone remember a woman being kicked down the steps of a subway in Berllin a few years back? That was horrific. Yer man who did that got a couple of years in prison.

Similar thing happened to me. Walking along, minding my own business(on a footpath I may add) and the next thing I knew I was flying sideways after a sharp pain on my side.
    Guy on a bike just booted me as he cycled past and just kept on going.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

sonic85 wrote: »
    She didn't go to the police? Jaysus that's very strange. You'd think after nearly getting killed by a bus the first thing she'd do would be to report it.

I'd say they know/knew each other in some capacity. It would go some way towards explaining why it happened
    If you check her facebook page, it seems they were engaged prior to the 'push'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

All's well that ends well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I didn't know her name was given

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

All's well that ends well.

sure, just try and kill, push them under a bus, alls well that ends well. what an utterly stupid statement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

If that's true then why are the police asking the pubic to identify him? Why not question her if we know who she is and her Facebook page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

its all a bit strange things aren't adding up here? surely the police would have caught him by now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Adds a whole new meaning to 'being given the shove'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

sure, just try and kill, push them under a bus, alls well that ends well. what an utterly stupid statement

At the end of the day we're all human beings, no need to fly off the handle with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

At the end of the day we're all human beings, no need to fly off the handle with me.
    Shur that person was saying a few weeks ago that she stuck her foot out to trip him up. Now they're aggressively defending her and saying her Facebook says such and such when it's not even known who she is.

Whatever keeps folks amused I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The general public don't know who she is, but nothing in the articles about this to suggest that the police don't know who she is. The give her age, that she was injured, that she tried to speak to the bloke again when he ran back over the bridge. Where do they get that information from other that from her?
    If they were trying to identify her then they would also be releasing the camera footage of her walking towards the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Scratches head ...

This adds a whole new dimension to the case does it not, for if she was actually engaged to him, then surely the police know exactly who he is.

Hence why all the media circus "Who is the man in the picture" (New picture released) massive four month media manhunt then ensues!

What's going on?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

LordSutch wrote: »

Scratches head ...

This adds a whole new dimension to the case does it not, for if she was actually engaged to him, then surely the police know exactly who he is.

Hence why all the media circus "Who is the man in the picture" (New picture released) massive four month media manhunt then ensues!

What's going on?
    What's going on is someone's imagination is getting a bit carried away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

LordSutch wrote: »
    Scratches head ...

What's going on?
    That post saying they knew each other is clearly rubbish then, the police would never have released the stills of him or launched an expensive campaign to find him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Mod: Hastentoadd, it's not the first time you've picked a suspiciously contrarian horse and ridden it to the stables in here. Either post backups to your claims (outside personal facebook accounts - if this is true, someone in the media will have picked up the remarkably out of date efforts of the police, so you can post that article) or don't post in this thread. It is just derailing the conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Just seen this video posted up on RTE from Poland:

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2018/0418/955391-poland-bus-push/

And was reminded of this incident. Amazed he wa never caught, for something that went so viral and had a relatively clear picture of him. But looks like they're saying it'll be unlikely now

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/24/putney-pusher-case-unlikely-solved-say-former-detectives/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I thought it was a case the man was known to the woman but they couldn't pin it on him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why would she push her friend under a bus. Some women are completely clueless. Not as if she didn't see bus, it was a case of oh I see a bus, I'll push my friend under it for a laugh.
    That was her action, she saw the bus and then thought it would be cool to push her under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Why would she push her friend under a bus. Some women people are completely clueless. Not as if she didn't see bus, it was a case of oh I see a bus, I'll push my friend under it for a laugh.
    That was her action, she saw the bus and then thought it would be cool to push her under it.

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Why would she push her friend under a bus. Some women are completely clueless. Not as if she didn't see bus, it was a case of oh I see a bus, I'll push my friend under it for a laugh.

Who here can raise their hand and say truthfully that they've never pushed their friend into a passing bus? Even once? Please...

_Dara_ wrote: »
    FYP.

Definitely a women moment in all fairness, like checking the petrol tank of car is full, and using a lighter to see.
    Or driving around a petrol station forecourt several times because you just can't get the side with the filler to match up with the pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

"Call from the void".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Definitely a women moment in all fairness, like checking the petrol tank of car is full, and using a lighter to see.
    Or driving around a petrol station forecourt several times because you just can't get the side with the filler to match up with the pump.

Definitely not a soy boy here

Ah ok, see what I’m dealing with here. Carry on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

London police have been unable to find the guy and have now closed the case
    As a suspect has not been identified and as all lines of inquiry have now been exhausted, the investigation has been closed. Should any new information come to light, this will be explored.

Surprised he was not caught as London has such an extensive CCTV network especially in the city center. Looks like he got away with his ridiculously dangerous behavior

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-44639208

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Probably a copper/son of top brass official or MP etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

A modern day Jack the Ripper…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mad muffin wrote: »
    A modern day Jack the TRipper

FYP

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Roger the Jogger

• Advertisement

Probably a tourist , cleared planned his vacation with Trip Advisor .

McDermotX wrote: »

Someone knows who he is, but he is in the "right crowd' and is being protected.
    Most likely now out of the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I wish a plague upon his crops the cuunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'd love to knock someone down with a bus.

I imagine its enormously satisfying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd love to knock someone down with a bus.

I imagine its enormously satisfying
    2 lads from Donnybrook wanted to try that a few years back.
    Got the idea to steal a bus from the depo in the middle of the night.
    Fiachra hoped over the wall as Fintan kept sketch.
    5 mins goes by...10 mins, still no sign.
    20 mins later, Fiachra hops back dejected looking.
    'What the fock, what happened? Fintan asks his mate.
    'I couldn't find any 46As!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Someone knows who he is, but he is in the "right crowd' and is being protected.
    Most likely now out of the area.

Yip, it's definitely a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Exactly, in London the moment you leave one area of CCTV footage you're immediately in the scope of another, are they telling us there's no footage of where this bloke was 50 or 200 yards down the road?, like fook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

beans wrote: »
    Who here can raise their hand and say truthfully that they've never pushed their friend into a passing bus? Even once? Please...
    I can't say I have, but that's not to say I've never seen teenagers fake-push each other towards traffic or off high walls or whatever.

Teenagers are idiots.

Her friend obviously wanted to give her a nudge "for the craic", but then caused her to lose her balance.

Teenagers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

well of course you would say that. That just proves you are in on it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

dd972 wrote: »
    Exactly, in London the moment you leave one area of CCTV footage you're immediately in the scope of another, are they telling us there's no footage of where this bloke was 50 or 200 yards down the road?, like fook.

A man shot a RPG-22 anti-tank rocket from Spring Gardens in the center of London, right into the MI6 building on the Thames.

He wasn't caught either in one of the most CCTV heavy places on earth.

Surveillance in London is massive but there are gaps everywhere, broken networks, devices that don't record etc.

No conspiracy, just facts. midday joggers tend to be local office workers and there are lots of offices in that area who have powerful people working in them.

It's very easy for someone to keep sthumm, lose CCTV video of the jogger returning to the office gym, etc

A man shot a RPG-22 anti-tank rocket from Spring Gardens in the center of London, right into the MI6 building on the Thames.

He wasn't caught either in one of the most CCTV heavy places on earth.

Surveillance in London is massive but there are gaps everywhere, broken networks, devices that don't record etc.
    Sure there are gaps, that attack was obviously planned after finding the gap, but the jogger is a different story, he was on a main road in the centre of the city in very public areas, areas that are flooded with cameras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Wouldnt it be gas if she saw him again in the same place and pushed him in the river. No cctv, she'd be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

Sure there are gaps, that attack was obviously planned after finding the gap, but the jogger is a different story, he was on a main road in the centre of the city in very public areas, areas that are flooded with cameras.

What I mean is people assume the police can follow you on CCTV from the city center to your home in London. It doesn't work like that.

The reason they don't know who this guy is, is because there are gaps in CCTV surveillance. He disappeared off the grid a few streets later and they have no idea where he went. It's that simple.

There is no need of conspiracy theories about him being protected by the powers that be.

It’s annoying that he wasn’t found but she’s alive and it looks like she wouldn’t have picked up any lasting injuries. Not an ideal resolution but it could have been so much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

_Dara_ wrote: »
    It’s annoying that he wasn’t found but she’s alive and it looks like she wouldn’t have picked up any lasting injuries. Not an ideal resolution but it could have been so much worse.

Still it would be nice to see thoughtless ****stains, like the runner get his comeuppance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's a weird one, you would think something like that would eventually leak out, even as a Chinese whisper. The City of London is a relatively small place (I mean the FS district not the actual whole city) so you'd have gotten wind of it by now.

Still it would be nice to see thoughtless ****stains, like the runner get his comeuppance .

I know but unfortunately many crimes don’t get solved so one has to reach for positives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Sorry if this has been already asked and answered, but why is the pusher's face pixellated in some videos of the incident?

dense wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been already asked and answered, but why is the pusher's face pixellated in some videos of the incident?
    Some media outlets require the person's permission to show their face on videos, as he is unknown, this isn't possible.

So they're just following their organisation's rules.

It's not as if he's going to complain though... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement