Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

I know its sounds crazy, but if this was a moment of madness I kind of feel sorry for the guy, his life will be ruined.

What he did was unforgivable and his punishment should be a warning to others to desist from doing the same. There's a lot of cnuts out there, male and female, with anger issues and feel it's OK to take it out on random innocents. It needs to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I know its sounds crazy, but if this was a moment of madness I kind of feel sorry for the guy, his life will be ruined.

pity about him. He's lucky she wasn't seriously hurt or killed. If you don't want your life ruined don't push people into traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Jog him to death.

*maybe an over reaction

Jogging's too good for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It's not like he knocked a woman up, he knocked her in front of a bus. She could have died.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

myshirt wrote: »
    Didn't he circle back and have another go at pushing her?
    No. He circled back, passed her again and ignored her completely

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I'm really curious if it was an intrusive thought. Something a lot of people experience in some shape or form (but without acting it out).

If he was a pissed off jogger taking out his anger then fuk him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

address in Chelsea apparently so this is going to be interesting

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

If the bus driver hadn't reacted so quickly, her life would have also been 'ruined'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sounds like something out of fight club, ok space monkey today you will go jogging push someone out in front of an oncoming bus then return to the scene of the crime acting like nothing happened. Bonkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

A man has been arrested according to RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Guys, I think someone has been arrested, can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I heard that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

What charges could be brought against him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Pelvis wrote: »
    Guys, I think someone has been arrested, can anyone confirm?

what did your last internet Butler die of :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

silverharp wrote: »

Disobeying orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd say assault and/or reckless endangerment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It does sound crazy indeed.

That woman must be working out 5x a week being able to keep her upper body from hitting the floor and by doing that keeping her head away fro mthat bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Bet he won't do time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

silverharp wrote: »

Pushed under a bus.

Too soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Grievous bodily harm is what they're holding him for, according to Sky News.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

inforfun wrote: »
    It does sound crazy indeed.

That woman must be working out 5x a week being able to keep her upper body from hitting the floor and by doing that keeping her head away fro mthat bus.
    I'd say you find yourself capable of lots of stuff when you're staring down the front wheels of a bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

kylith wrote: »

He is very lucky not to be charged with murder or manslaughter or something, you are talking a few inches difference between the woman being ok and the bus hitting her head as she fell back. If she hadn't caught herself somewhat or if there had been a less observant driver then that bus hits her head at 30/40mph and she is toast.

That said, I suspect he didn't actually intend to push some random woman in front of a bus in broad daylight. More likely he was deep in some emotional state and all of a sudden lashed out at whoever was closest, similar to somebody for whom the pressure had been building for days finally lashing out and punching a wall in frustration or something. Its the difference between "pushed somebody" and "pushed somebody in front of a bus", in that the surroundings didn't matter, he may not even have considered the passing traffic and was as likely to do something like that on a path through a park and we would never have heard about it.

Thats all conjecture though and changes nothing, he did it and fully deserves everything coming his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40889511

BBC wrote:
    The Met Police said a 41-year-old was detained at an address in Chelsea on Thursday morning on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.

He deserves 15+ years. Hopefully the courts can give him what he deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Doesn't sound like he handed himself in.
    Will that work against him in any way or is it up to the law to track you down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It was deliberate, whether the action came from anger or arrogance or random woman hating I don't fkn care, the man pushed her into the path of a bus. She is lucky to be alive.

I give 110% to the reactions of the bus driver, s/he was absolutely amazing in the quick reaction and saved that woman's life.

It was deliberate. Who would knock someone down like that and not make sure they were ok, call an ambulance, wait with them whatever.

He didn't, he jogged on, and came back the same route with not a care in the world whilst his victim was still being attended to and ignored her.

Psycho, deranged, high on caffeine and coke, doesn't matter, he is a BAD Man.

Gordon Gekko wannabe. Living in Chelsea and working in the City making loadsa dough. Maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

To anyone claiming she tried to trip him watch the effing thing frame by frame he shoulders her with such force that it spins her around which is why her leg spins out. It then spins out BEHIND him and was nowhere near tripping the homicidal piece of filth

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

There's another forum I'm on and loads of women have described anecdotes of when they were pushed, punched, elbowed or shoved out of the way by a man making a beeline for them on a path or street that had ample room to walk past each other without a problem. It's apparently fairly common.

When I was 2 weeks off my due date I was waddling crossing a single lane road and a car that was about 15-20 m away actually accelerated to try to get me to jump out of his way. I landed knees down on the pavement as I felt him whoosh by behind me. Ripped both knees on my jeans and grazed both my palms. Because I'm RH negative I also had to go into the maternity unit and be hooked up for 5 hrs to a monitor to see if the baby been harmed by the 'fall'. I didn't fall. I leapt out of the way of a car that sped up as soon as he saw me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Neyite wrote: »
    There's another forum I'm on and loads of women have described anecdotes of when they were pushed, punched, elbowed or shoved out of the way by a man making a beeline for them on a path or street that had ample room to walk past each other without a problem. It's apparently fairly common.

When I was 2 weeks off my due date I was waddling crossing a single lane road and a car that was about 15-20 m away actually accelerated to try to get me to jump out of his way. I landed knees down on the pavement as I felt him whoosh by behind me. Ripped both knees on my jeans and grazed both my palms. Because I'm RH negative I also had to go into the maternity unit and be hooked up for 5 hrs to a monitor to see if the baby been harmed by the 'fall'. I didn't fall. I leapt out of the way of a car that sped up as soon as he saw me.
    What the fúck?
    That's phsycotic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

wow that sounds awful
    :(

I presume it was a stranger? if it was in around City ,maybe camera might pick the car out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

What is the guy running from? You can run as far as you like but your problems will only follow you.

Maybe it was someone who worked with a pregnant woman all day who liked to remove her shoes and kept sighing and asking would he mind if he had to drive her in and her waters broke...and he just snapped when he saw you?

But more than likely a headcase...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There seems to be a lot of random women haters out there for no reason but they are women.

By men I mean. It is despicable and unexplainable.

Unless someone can explain it.

Running, jogging, cycling, walking, it seems to happen now and then by men.

Rarely see a woman doing this. But I am sure someone will ahem, jog in and tell me otherwise.

Random hatred/attacks on women for no cause is out there. Is the opposite true?

What is the guy running from? You can run as far as you like but your problems will only follow you.

He's running from himself, Tom, but he can't run fast enough. Or maybe he's running from his past, but the past always catches up in the end.

I think I have a future as a pulp fiction writer, I've got the cliche thing down pat.

Someone did this to my elderly grandmother recently. He saw her crossing at a zebra and sped up just to make her run. She didn't fall but she was very upset and felt humiliated, which I think is what they're aiming for.

Sorry that happened to you Neyite. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Rarely see a woman doing this. But I am sure someone will ahem, jog in and tell me otherwise.

Random hatred/attacks on women for no cause is out there. Is the opposite true?

A woman would have smiled and said hello as she jogged by her and then talked sh*t about her to everyone else she met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What the fúck?
    That's phsycotic
    Unfortunately thats totally unsurprising. Knobs become knobs on speed when they get into little metal boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Candie wrote: »
    Someone did this to my elderly grandmother recently. He saw her crossing at a zebra and sped up just to make her run. She didn't fall but she was very upset and felt humiliated, which I think is what they're aiming for.

Sorry that happened to you Neyite. :(

Given my form for putting things in through windscreens of moving cars, I can confidently say if I saw someone trying to hurt a very very pregnant woman an old person or a little kid while behind the wheel, I think my crazy bitch side would shine bright and I don't know if I could help myself. That's sick. Someone in the whole of their health and can actually move? They can break their own windscreens. But to do that to an old lady or a woman about to pop, causing her to fall? It's sick

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

wow that sounds awful
    :(

I presume it was a stranger? if it was in around City ,maybe camera might pick the car out?

It's over 5 years ago now and it wasn't in Dublin so highly unlikely there was CCTV in the first place. I'd actually forgotten it until I was reading about this case.

It wasn't someone I recognised or the car and in broad daylight, it was midday on a lovely sunny day and he was looking straight at me. So just an asshole. A few passerby's saw it happen and were pretty shocked.

Anyone remember a woman being kicked down the steps of a subway in Berllin a few years back? That was horrific. Yer man who did that got a couple of years in prison.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's over 5 years ago now and it wasn't in Dublin so highly unlikely there was CCTV in the first place. I'd actually forgotten it until I was reading about this case.

It wasn't someone I recognised or the car and in broad daylight, it was midday on a lovely sunny day and he was looking straight at me. So just an asshole. A few passerby's saw it happen and were pretty shocked.

Anyone remember a woman being kicked down the steps of a subway in Berllin a few years back? That was horrific. Yer man who did that got a couple of years in prison.

Would you not have given it one of these

7273488572ce140573639836dde630dd-guy-jumps-over-car.gif

joke :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

I think this is shocking, that bus driver failed to check his mirror and indicate before swerving dangerously into the other lane. Now that sort of thing is ok if your trying to ram a cyclist off the road but totally unacceptable to risk someone's nice car just to save another idiot pedestrian who was probably drunk from the way she fell over when the poor jogger ran past.

it's all the woman's fault, she should have moved out of the way of the superior person coming toward her, after all he is a man.

joking, don't hunt me down and jog at me :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

soups05 wrote: »
    I think this is shocking...

it's all the woman's fault, she should have moved out of the way of the superior person coming toward her, after all he is a man.

I think it's shocking that you dared to assume these people's gender. Maybe the runner identifies as female and the pedestrian as male? Try and be more sensitive before spewing your hate-language in future, Hitler.

kylith wrote: »

Hopefully he'll also be named and sacked by his employer.

Bus-push suspect arrested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Expose the foucker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

vicwatson wrote: »
    Expose the foucker

Now, now. Guilford Four, Fr Reynolds and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

"About 15 minutes later the jogger came back the other way across the bridge."

The balls on this fella....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

THe finally caught up to him, he has been running from the law a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Last week my 65 year old MIL was walking on a path in France when a cyclist gave her a full on punch as he passed. A proper one. Black and blue shoulder / upper arm. Some headcases about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Put him in a room with the lady and ten friends free for all see if the ****er goes jogging again after that, I'd break his legs if it were someone I knew or worse yet if I knew the bollix himself, shameful thing to dol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

josip wrote: »
    Now, now. Guilford Four, Fr Reynolds and all that.

Did you not see the footage ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement