Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"About 15 minutes later the jogger came back the other way across the bridge."

The balls on this fella....

He prob wanted to see if she went under the bus. ****bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

vicwatson wrote: »
    Did you not see the footage ?

Yes, I've seen it and the guy in the video deserves to do serious time.
    I'd assume that with the publicity around the case, the Met will have been careful to arrest the correct person.
    But I expect that due process will still have to be followed and witnesses will have to testify that it was him if he pleads not guilty?
    The still from the dashcam doesn't seem to be of sufficient quality for a positive id.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He prob wanted to see if she went under the bus. ****bag

Jesus... you know I never even thought that as a possibility. But ****, you're probably right...

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Neyite wrote: »
    It's over 5 years ago now and it wasn't in Dublin so highly unlikely there was CCTV in the first place. I'd actually forgotten it until I was reading about this case.

It wasn't someone I recognised or the car and in broad daylight, it was midday on a lovely sunny day and he was looking straight at me. So just an asshole. A few passerby's saw it happen

The real sickener is even if they had caught that scumbag he would only have gotten a slap on the wrist / suspended sentence.

I suspect the same will happen in this jogger case. Same with cars who buzz cyclists etc. Unless someone is actually killed or hurt very badly they seem very reluctant or unable to impose a sentence despite the fact it can be a semi-miracle that nobody was killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

buckwheat wrote: »
    Last week my 65 year old MIL was walking on a path in France when a cyclist gave her a full on punch as he passed. A proper one. Black and blue shoulder / upper arm. Some headcases about.

There certainly are. I'm shocked by this footage but then not the same time.

Similarly my 75 year old mother was walking to the shop last week when she was whacked on the shoulder and pushed out of the way by a cyclist on the footpath (not a shared cycle lane). She has poor balance and fell.

He waited for her up ahead and told her to be more aware of her surroundings and move out of the way. She pointed out it's a footpath and not for cyclists. He cycled off. She's practically deaf so wouldn't have heard him coming.

For whatever reason, whether it be anger, impatience, rage or just being a scumbag, some people seem to feel entitled to physically shove and barge their way through public areas. Whatever the trigger they choose to behave like scummy thugs and there's no excuse. I hope this fella gets a significant punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Expose the foucker

We want the police to be sure that they charged the right man.
    Don't want the wrong house burnt down...lol

The lady that he shoved should be able to identify him, as she attempted to talk to him we he jogged back over the bridge 15 mins later.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/man-arrested-after-he-pushed-a-woman-in-front-of-a-bus-on-putney-bridge-in-london/news-story/a7a0143bdf91c665aebd7420a9db7e13

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

old_aussie wrote: »
    We want the police to be sure that they charged the right man.
    Don't want the wrong house burnt down...lol

The lady that he shoved should be able to identify him, as she attempted to talk to him we he jogged back over the bridge 15 mins later.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/man-arrested-after-he-pushed-a-woman-in-front-of-a-bus-on-putney-bridge-in-london/news-story/a7a0143bdf91c665aebd7420a9db7e13

You mean the woman who was gently pushed aside?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Just watched the footage in the OP for the first time now. To me after he passes the man it's like he turns slightly back and raises his hand (to wave?) and then turns back facing the direction he's going and slams into the woman passing him.

The impact and fall is scary seeing it both at normal speed and slow mo. I can't believe he'd just continue on running and not stop once he bumps into her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

Being reported there's been an arrest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

For whatever reason, whether it be anger, impatience, rage or just being a scumbag, some people seem to feel entitled to physically shove and barge their way through public areas. Whatever the trigger they choose to behave like scummy thugs and there's no excuse. I hope this fella gets a significant punishment.

While some people will walk 2 -3 abreast and block a whole path leaving people with no choice but to barge through or go on the road. Obviously not the case in the video or in your story but it's really just a case if ignorant assholes being ignorant assholes.
    Awful story re: your mother. I would be livid if that happened to one of my parents. Adults cycling on the footpath is my biggest pet hate (and I'm a cyclist) - cycle lanes should never be put on footpaths for the same reason. Far too dangerous for both mixing pedestrians with bikes. The last time I used a footpath one I was told to fu*k off by some charming young men in Tallaght for pointing out it was a cycle lane when they had turned round, saw me coming and still didn't stop walking four abreast across the path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Just watched the footage in the OP for the first time now. To me after he passes the man it's like he turns slightly back and raises his hand (to wave?) and then turns back facing the direction he's going and slams into the woman passing him.

The impact and fall is scary seeing it both at normal speed and slow mo. I can't believe he'd just continue on running and not stop once he bumps into her.

He deliberately veers TOWARDS her

Steve F wrote: »
    He deliberately veers TOWARDS her

Like I said, on first watch it looks to me like he turns his torso back so he can see the guy who passed him (does he know him?) and then by the time he turns back to face the direction he's running in he slams into the woman.

Whatever the situation, as in deliberate or not, the fact that he doesn't stop after the impact makes me so angry as even if it was an accident surely any normal person would stop on impact and not keep going as if nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Like I said, on first watch it looks to me like he turns his torso back so he can see the guy who passed him (does he know him?) and then by the time he turns back to face the direction he's running in he slams into the woman.

Whatever the situation, as in deliberate or not, the fact that he doesn't stop after the impact makes me so angry as even if it was an accident surely any normal person would stop on impact and not keep going as if nothing happened.

Hi Shybride2016
    I don't spot any backward glance by him or gesture of the hand to the man
    Can anyone else see this? Maybe I am missing it?
    To me it was a deliberate act and he should be locked up
    However as I stated earlier in this thread I don't think he will sadly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

The whole thing was extraordinary. Surely you would think it to be instinct to look back and ensure that she was okay. Surely it would be instinct for normal people to be upset or alarmed that they had so nearly caused a tragedy - her head was within inches of the bus and if it wasn't for both her quick reflexes and those of the driver, that could easily have ended in a funeral. Not even that he took fright and ran for it, he just keeps going and then -comes back- fifteen minutes later and ignores her again.

I don't know what was passing through his head, but his reactions were just abnormal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

There certainly are. I'm shocked by this footage but then not the same time.

Similarly my 75 year old mother was walking to the shop last week when she was whacked on the shoulder and pushed out of the way by a cyclist on the footpath (not a shared cycle lane). She has poor balance and fell.

He waited for her up ahead and told her to be more aware of her surroundings and move out of the way. She pointed out it's a footpath and not for cyclists. He cycled off. She's practically deaf so wouldn't have heard him coming.

It's truly bizarre how many people out there who do this sort of thing. I'm male so it doesn't just happen to women (this isn't a look, it happens to everyone, men have it just as bad type thing just an observation that dickhead behaviour happens everywhere). When I was about 14/15 (long time ago now) I was crossing a road in a suburban housing estate, tripped and fell. A car that was a good 70/80 metres away saw this and speeded up from crawling along at 10mphish to a what must have been at least 50/60 to try to mow me down. I only managed to get myself off the ground and out of the way by the skin of my teeth, I felt the whoosh of the car a few centimetres behind my legs.

The lad driving it could have easily killed me but obviously got some messed up pleasure out of it. Some people are bloody deranged.

Steve F wrote: »
    Hi Shybride2016
    I don't spot any backward glance by him or gesture of the hand to the man
    Can anyone else see this? Maybe I am missing it?
    To me it was a deliberate act and he should be locked up
    However as I stated earlier in this thread I don't think he will sadly :mad:

I watched it again there, in the slowed down footage after he passes the man to me it looks like he turns his torso back slightly to his right and raises his right arm, that's what made me wonder was it a wave to the man he passed.

On watching it again, to me, it actually looks like he's raising his right arm after turning back to face the direction he's running and smacks into the woman pretty much straight after.

Again though, he had some nerve to keep going, whether he had intended to knock her over or not.

Edited to add, you can see trajectory of his running moves ever so slightly diagonally after he passes the man. If he had stayed on the same line of the path it looks to me like he would've avoided the poor woman.

I know myself if I'm walking and then get distracted and turn back e.g. to see something I passed, you do end up veering slightly off the straight trajectory you would've previously been following.

The whole thing is so messed up. I really hope the charge of GBH goes ahead. That poor woman.

I could actually grant an argument that he didn't intend to cannon off the woman and he was distracted, etcetera. Maybe he did turn to wave, turned back fully, realised he was on a collision course and just...did his best to ensure that it wasn't him that came out of a collision worse.

His behaviour after it happened is so rotten though that I don't have much sympathy to it being accidental even if it was. Rude, ignorant and pushy people happen everywhere, but I don't think I have ever seen such an egregiously self-absorbed example before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

probably ex US investment banker at this stage

DG8f6SNW0AA4Cmk.jpg:small

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Someone has been arrested,

• Advertisement

A millionaire banker, forced to share footpaths with plebs. Oh the huge manatee.

Also, I saw a headline about "may be a banker" and ..well, misread it at first glance to what also seemed perfectly appropriate. Actually, I was wondering what further proof they needed that he was a w*nker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I don't see him turning toward the guy at all, just veering towards the woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Suspect named in DM, this is from the article.

Eric Bellquist, 41, was arrested yesterday in connection with assault in Putney
    American millionaire investment banker's lawyers say he has irrefutable proof that he was in the United States at the time of the incident

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4780950/Putney-Bridge-push-bus-driver-says-doing-job.html#ixzz4pRoqibnK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Suspect named in DM, this is from the article.

Eric Bellquist, 41, was arrested yesterday in connection with assault in Putney
    American millionaire investment banker's lawyers say he has irrefutable proof that he was in the United States at the time of the incident

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4780950/Putney-Bridge-push-bus-driver-says-doing-job.html#ixzz4pRoqibnK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

To be fair, we should probably hold off with the lynching to see if this is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

He's been released under investigation, his lawyers claim he was in the states at the time of the incident

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

razorblunt wrote: »
    Great reactions from the driver, hope he's ok following it too.
    Who says he's a he!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

JMNolan wrote: »
    To be fair, we should probably hold off with the lynching to see if this is true.

Why? Who is lynching anyone, certainly not me. I just posted a link.

No one has been charged, the MSM are quoting his name. He says he was in the US at the time.

If he didn't want his name known I'm sure he could have insisted on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Who says he's a he!

Chances are extremely high, get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

VinLieger wrote: »
    He's been released under investigation, his lawyers claim he was in the states at the time of the incident

This will be easy to verify, big **** if he's spoofing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Might be a good payout for him from the Mail (or whoever released his name) if he can prove it wasn't him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Why?

Why? In case he is telling the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

A frustrated nut case. He needs help for mental issues.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why? Who is lynching anyone, certainly not me. I just posted a link.

No one has been charged, the MSM are quoting his name. He says he was in the US at the time.

If he didn't want his name known I'm sure he could have insisted on that.

Yeahhhh, of course if you ask to remain anonymous pending charges or a trial the tabloid press will respect that. I don't know why more people don't think of that before having their lives ruined by having their name dragged through the mud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Who says he's a he!

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

A friend told me that alot of Londoners hate eachother. This guy is a nut case and could do even worse terrible things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

My first question to Eric Bellquist is "do you jog?"

Dubchild wrote: »
    A friend told me that alot of Londoners hate eachother. This guy is a nut case and could do even worse terrible things.

No they don't, we just ignore each other for the most part.

Besides, if they got the right guy, he's American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Someone has been arrested,

We know, it happened yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

During a recent radio phone call in show in the uk,
    apparently all the callers said they thought the pusher was probably some sort of banker, well....

... According to GoogleNews page this morning, they think it may well be:

Screen_Shot_2017-08-11_at_14.33.01.png

What a banker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Maybe the person who pushed her will have done her a favour? She will soon be famous and be on TV. Maybe he changed her bum life and has broken out the red panties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Who says he's a he!

The massed ranks of patriarchy.

So there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Patww79 wrote: »

You'd have to get stamps in your passport and there's be a record of you going through customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

During a recent radio phone call in show in the uk,
    apparently all the callers said they thought the pusher was probably some sort of banker, well....

... According to GoogleNews page this morning, they think it may well be:

Screen_Shot_2017-08-11_at_14.33.01.png

What a banker!

First off, it should be said that mr Bellquist claims he can prove he was in the US on the day in question so it could be a case of mistaken identity. But that being said.......

Is it just me or is he a dead ringer for the Ken Wins arsehole in the first series of Breaking Bad? If you can't remember it here's the clip below.
    Where's Walter White when you need him?

And if you can't get a good look from the clip, here's a still of Kyle Bornheimer the actor who played him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Patww79 wrote: »

lol , not as an after thought for sure. if he was in the states hed have used a credit card, bought airline tickets so easy for him to prove

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭delboythedub

I think the cops have him , hope he likes the exercise yard (jail) and the crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He won't be going to jail anyway, doubt it's him given his response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

osarusan wrote: »
    Might be a good payout for him from the Mail (or whoever released his name) if he can prove it wasn't him.

Why? I mean, I hate the Mail as much as anyone, but AFAIK they've only released his name and said that he was arrested. Which part of that isn't true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

If I was him, I'd give the jogging a rest for a week or 2, buy new gear, and pick a new route...

And we wonder why we have such low opinions of legal professionals. ;)

JMNolan wrote: »

Ah feck him,
    He is investment banker and worked for lehmans so probably guilty of something if not this.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭tara73

jmayo wrote: »
    Ah feck him,
    He is investment banker and worked for lehmans so probably guilty of something if not this.

ah, this is hilarious, made my day....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Although I'd like to think that I wouldn't do it ever, I have come very close to taking out a few women with an auld shoulder barge.

There is a woods I run in, path is wide enough for 3 people. I come across a few groups of waddling auld ones that continue toward me 3 abreast. I have to literally turn sideways and scrape by the bushes.

It is always women. But I think that is actually because auld lads don't go walking in groups as much.

Advertisement