Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London jogger pushes woman in front of bus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Man hates women.

Ignores man in his path.

Goes for woman, veers into her path, pushes her with his hands into the traffic.

Man hates woman. Random act of violence towards woman.

I hope he is caught eventually. Pri cky mysoginist.

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Although I'd like to think that I wouldn't do it ever, I have come very close to taking out a few women with an auld shoulder barge.

There is a woods I run in, path is wide enough for 3 people. I come across a few groups of waddling auld ones that continue toward me 3 abreast. I have to literally turn sideways and scrape by the bushes.

It is always women.

We need running lanes, like cycle lanes and bus lanes.

Never hear much about Pedestrian lanes. Oh sorry, they are nothing, not needed. Just out having a nice walk. You fekkin ageist anti pedestrian mysoginistic nutcase. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

We need running lanes, like cycle lanes and bus lanes.

Never hear much about Pedestrian lanes. Oh sorry, they are nothing, not needed. Just out having a nice walk. You fekkin ageist anti pedestrian mysoginistic nutcase. :D

Guilty as charged except for the mysoginistic part- see my edit - its just more likely to be women because they are the ones out and about walking in groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I seriously ask myself why did the busdriver not stop and got hold of this man. I try to put myself in this bus drivers shoes and I'm pretty sure I could'nt have gone on with my job as if nothing happened when I was inches away from rolling over a human being.
    I think I would have stopped to get this man into the arms of the police immediately. why didn't he do that? strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭ngunners

tara73 wrote: »
    I seriously ask myself why did the busdriver not stop and got hold of this man. I try to put myself in this bus drivers shoes and I'm pretty sure I could'nt have gone on with my job as if nothing happened when I was inches away from rolling over a human being.
    I think I would have stopped to get this man into the arms of the police immediately. why didn't he do that? strange.

That's very harsh. The driver reacted brilliantly and was probably shook up after such a close shave. To then expect them to chase down the criminal batman-style seems very unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yeah tara, cause you'd be chasing after him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

He stopped and passengers got off to help the woman. The jogger was probably well gone by the time they were sure she was ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Why didn't someone accost him on his way back 15 minutes later:confused:

ngunners wrote: »
    That's very harsh. The driver reacted brilliantly and was probably shook up after such a close shave. To then expect them to chase down the criminal batman-style seems very unfair.

It's not unfair, I said I try to put myself in his shoes and I think I couldn't have gone on like nothing happened, especially because I would have been so shaken. That's just me, the bus driver is obviously different.
    I just don't get it, he must have seen how the guy pushed the woman deliberately, he was able to brilliantly react and drive around the woman, but then goes on driving like nothing happened? sorry, but it's strange to me, just saying. This guy was running in the same direction like the bus, so if not immediately, but after a minute or a few more, going over the shock, the driver could have stopped to stop the guy, who was coming in his direction.

And there is a photo shown of the guy ( the pusher) made from inside the bus, so people inside the bus must have been aware what happened, but everybody let the situation slip to catch this man who was running in front of them. Sorry again, but not understandable for me.

Although I'd like to think that I wouldn't do it ever, I have come very close to taking out a few women with an auld shoulder barge.

There is a woods I run in, path is wide enough for 3 people. I come across a few groups of waddling auld ones that continue toward me 3 abreast. I have to literally turn sideways and scrape by the bushes.

It is always women. But I think that is actually because auld lads don't go walking in groups as much.

Just so you know before you shoulder barge someone that it would be considered the criminal act of assault. Those selfish wimmin would be deemed innocent parties, oh, and their husbands could be wandering behind them, good luck with that, maybe run elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    In english law recklessness amonts to intent if it meets the test of what the reasonable man would view as an obvious risk.

In this situation a reasonable person would view pushing someone on to a busy road as an obvious risk to life.

Attempted manslaughter (there was no preconceived plan to kill her or proof of same)

Preconceived plan (or premeditation) is irrelevant in English law. It is intent to cause death or really serious harm.

MrP

Zulu wrote: »
    Yeah tara, cause you'd be chasing after him. :rolleyes:

yes my smart*sugar*, believe it or not, I would have, with the hope that some other passengers on the bus would follow and help me to catch him.
    It's called moral courage. obviously not known to you, but thank god some people, although not enough, still have it in this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

It’s possible that he saw her falling but his peripheral vision didn’t extend at that moment to seeing the jogger push her. It all took place in a split-second, after all.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Just so you know before you shoulder barge someone that it would be considered the criminal act of assault. Those selfish wimmin would be deemed innocent parties, oh, and their husbands could be wandering behind them, good luck with that, maybe run elsewhere?

That's interesting. Why wouldn't they be guilty of assault? They make no effort to get out of the way.

Do you actually think they are right to stay 3 abreast? That I am the bad guy? Mad stuff.

Ps what if I was walking? Maybe walk elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why didn't this guy push a MAN out of the way as he passed one before he decided to pick on the woman. Too cowardly of doing it to a guy?

yes my smart*sugar*, believe it or not, I would have, with the hope that some other passengers on the bus would follow and help me to catch him.
    It's called moral courage. obviously not known to you, but thank god some people, although not enough, still have it in this world.
    One ladies "moral courage" is another's "keyboard warrior".

So no, I don't believe you. At all.

That's interesting. Why wouldn't they be guilty of assault? They make no effort to get out of the way.

Eh, you'd be running into them. The assault action would be coming from you. Try it on a few women in the street for a trial and let us know how it all goes for you.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Eh, you'd be running into them. The assault action would be coming from you. Try it on a few women in the street for a trial and let us know how it all goes for you.

No, they are walking into me.

One ladies "moral courage" is another's "keyboard warrior".

So no, I don't believe you. At all.

great. and. I. don't. care. at. all.because. I. know. myself.very well.

all the best to another keyboard warrior who seems to be my unknown personality spy. brrrr, scary world...

No, they are walking into me.

They're just walking, you're running into them.

I'm not condoning their behaviour; it wouldn't kill them to let you pass, but barging into them isn't on either. You could injure someone.

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »

I'm not condoning their behaviour; it wouldn't kill them to let you pass, but barging into them isn't on either. You could injure someone.

Ah I know, I'm being needlessly facetious. Like I said I always scrape my face off the bush for the auld dolls.

That sounds like a new euphemism.

Ah I know, I'm being needlessly facetious. Like I said I always scrape my face off the bush for the auld dolls.

That sounds like a new euphemism.

I'd hover behind them shouting 'Scuse me!' if I were you.

And I'm not going to deign comment on their bushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Exactly. It's the difference between merely being an inconsiderate pain in the arse and being a thug. I'm regularly frustrated by slow walkers and groups who walk 5 abreast. I usually find "excuse me" works but there are some who are just rude. But that's life, you suck it up and get over it, not lower yourself to barging through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Yeah, but you are forgetting some basic points here.

The bus drivers shoes were probably not running shoes like the joggers.
    And that would put the bus driver at a severe disadvantage for a start.
    Oh and speaking of starts the jogger had a head start and was already warmed up.

The more I think about it the more I reckon if the bus driver had managed to give chase and caught up to them the more i think they should have been competing at the World Athletics Championship with Mo Farrah.

Now if you had said the bus driver should have chased them with his bus, preferably down a one way street for maximum affect and then finally run them over then I would be more likely to agree with you.

In the meantime maybe they should tie the American banker behind a bus and drag him for a few miles through London as a lesson to others.

Does anyone know what part of the states said banker is from, because if it was from the deep south he might be familiar with that custom.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I find it funny how threads just go mental on here :pac:
    Here we have a man pushing a woman for no reason. Pretty straight forward. But we're pages in and people are arguing with each other.

Classy :p

I'd hover behind them shouting 'Scuse me!' if I were you.

And I'm not going to deign comment on their bushes.

Well believe it or not it is often that I am coming toward them and they still don't move! It is unbelievable how rude they can be to someone.

Exactly. It's the difference between merely being an inconsiderate pain in the arse and being a thug. I'm regularly frustrated by slow walkers and groups who walk 5 abreast. I usually find "excuse me" works but there are some who are just rude. But that's life, you suck it up and get over it, not lower yourself to barging through.

That is a good way of putting it.

I find it funny how threads just go mental on here :pac:
    Here we have a man pushing a woman for no reason. Pretty straight forward. But we're pages in and people are arguing with each other.

Classy :p

yeah, that seems to be the real purpose of AH, you should've gotten it by now. All bored people on here, if people have a real life, no need to post in AH...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I'm pretty sure from the report I read, that the bus driver stopped the bus and passengers got off to help the woman. Also pretty sure if I was in a similar situation I'd be checking the person I'd narrowly avoided hitting to see if they were alright. Not to mention by the time he would have the bus turned off and keys out,handbrake up ,door open the jogger would be long gone. He could hardly leave a bus full of passengers with the engine running.
    The driver deserves huge praise for being so quick to react not questioning why he didn't do more!

• Advertisement

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Not to mention by the time he would have the bus turned off and keys out,handbrake up ,door open the jogger would be long gone. He could hardly leave a bus full of passengers with the engine running.
    The driver deserves huge praise for being so quick to react not questioning why he didn't do more!

sorry, but a jogger isn't running with 50 km per hour, and to stop a bus doesn't take half an hour. and it must not have been the bus driver chasing and stopping the jogger, it could have been any or a few of the passengers. very simple.
    people seem to be understanding here that nobody reacted to catch the jogger. I can only say I'm not. Everybody is outraged here by this guys actions, but defending that nobody tried to catch this guy. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

sorry, but a jogger isn't running with 50 km per hour, and to stop a bus doesn't take half an hour. and it must not have been the bus driver chasing and stopping the jogger, it could have been any or a few of the passengers. very simple.
    people seem to be understanding here that nobody reacted to catch the jogger. I can only say I'm not. Everybody is outraged here by this guys actions, but defending that nobody tried to catch this guy. Weird.

Not a single person agrees with you (including me). Everyones wrong and you're right. Do you think that's likely? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'm usually the one to be the moral crusader, running after a mugger down a lane for example.

But there's no way the driver had any kind of responsibility to chase this guy. He almost crushed someone's head with his vehicle if it wasn't for his quick thinking. He wasn't thinking oh Jesus hang on here passengers while I save the day! Tara I'm sure you're superwoman and would have saved the day, but it's too much to ask of the bus driver.

Edit- also the guy probably jogs 10k+ a day, most people would chase him for 20 seconds before realising you're eating his dust.

It's not weird that the driver would be shaken, having very nearly run someone over through no fault of their own.

It's also not weird that the passengers who very likely didn't even see the incident didn't chase after someone when they didn't know what happened.

Even if they did see what happened, it's far more likely that they were concerned with the victim, rather than being asked to run down a jogger who already had a head start.

Nothing is weird about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Candie wrote: »

Nothing is weird about it.

The weird part is Tara thinking she'd have a chance of catching him. Him with his head start, running gear, experience, fitness, adrenalin etc.

Tara With her cape billowing in the wind

PandaPoo wrote: »
    The weird part is Tara thinking she'd have a chance of catching him. Him with his head start, running gear, experience, fitness, adrenalin etc.

yeah, you guys are all so great here, obvuiously can't even realise something which is very simple. head is melted, but sure, go on like you are, tis all grand with you anyway:)

• Advertisement

Classic :D

Well believe it or not it is often that I am coming toward them and they still don't move! It is unbelievable how rude they can be to someone.

Maybe they were there first:D:D

yeah, you guys are all so great here, obvuiously can't even realise something which is very simple. head is melted, but sure, go on like you are, tis all grand with you anyway:)

Leave Tara alone, but can't see why no one approached or apprehended him on his return

:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcZ7bEuOVVQ

this is how some courageous people recently brought down a terrorist attacker with a KNIFE in his hands in a big european city (who killed a person seconds beforehand with this knife). So I don't think it's an unreasonable thought why the people in London involved in this incident didn't get after a person which wasn't even armed.

• Advertisement

buckwheat wrote: »
    :D:D

yes, that's all you have to offer, a senseless big grin...:)

yes, that's all you have to offer, a senseless big grin...:)

I'm merely laughing at your excellent wind up. ;)

this is how some courageous people ....
    Are you in the video? Nah, didn't think so Ms W. Mitty. ;)

buckwheat wrote: »
    I'm merely laughing at your excellent wind up. ;)

yeah, it's a pity and says it actually all about yourself that you think it's a wind up.

Are you in the video?

puuuh, you guys here are really out of my league ( means very much below), so I'm definetely out here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

puuuh, you guys here are really out of my league ( means very much below), so I'm definetely out here.

I definetely think you should rethink that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

this is how some courageous people recently brought down a terrorist attacker with a KNIFE in his hands in a big european city (who killed a person seconds beforehand with this knife). So I don't think it's an unreasonable thought why the people in London involved in this incident didn't get after a person which wasn't even armed.

I think the point is that you are ridiculing a man for not being a hero when

1 he was' t in a position to be one
    2 was responsible for the safety of he vehicle and passages
    3 helped the victim
    4 plenty of other people closer to possible stop him

Not everyone is required to be a hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I'm usually the one to be the moral crusader, running after a mugger down a lane for example.

But there's no way the driver had any kind of responsibility to chase this guy. He almost crushed someone's head with his vehicle if it wasn't for his quick thinking. He wasn't thinking oh Jesus hang on here passengers while I save the day! Tara I'm sure you're superwoman and would have saved the day, but it's too much to ask of the bus driver.

Edit- also the guy probably jogs 10k+ a day, most people would chase him for 20 seconds before realising you're eating his dust.

Would you really chase a mugger down a laneway? That's pure stupidity in my book, you could end up with a blade deep in your guts for all your heroic efforts.

The bus driver saved that woman's life with quick reactions.

There is no more s/he could do. So feck off with your judgments.

The jogger is the villain. What a pr ick.

It is getting more like that every day though with joggers, runners and cyclists. Mostly male have to say. GET OUT OF MY WAY, WHAM. Walkers haven't a chance anymore in shared spaces.

Why is that.

yeah, it's a pity and says it actually all about yourself that you think it's a wind up.

Yes I am a very bad man. But in my heart I want to be good. Like you. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement