Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really need some one opinion about Ballytivnan area.

Options
  • 08-08-2017 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys,
    I am planning to move to Sligo with wife and son for study and work generally we needed change. The problem is we are not familiar with Sligo town at all. I was offered a house in Ballytivnan it's close to IT and I thought it may be a good location, however, I am not sure is it a proper one for a young family. Can anyone give me any suggestions or opinion about that area or some thing around 20 mins drive from Sligo IT.
    I would appreciate all comments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Do you have a car? If so most areas of town no more than 20 minutes even in busy traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MarcoHereyra

Yes, I have a car. Will have to recheck my options again. Any area to rule out just at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hey guys,
    I am planning to move to Sligo with wife and son for study and work generally we needed change. The problem is we are not familiar with Sligo town at all. I was offered a house in Ballytivnan it's close to IT and I thought it may be a good location, however, I am not sure is it a proper one for a young family. Can anyone give me any suggestions or opinion about that area or some thing around 20 mins drive from Sligo IT.
    I would appreciate all comments

It depends where in balytivnan. Rathbraughan has a lot of student houses, but there are some private ones in the mix (just opposite abbots) I'd steer well clear of Glandallon. The cartron estate there wouldn't be too bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MarcoHereyra

It depends where in balytivnan. Rathbraughan has a lot of student houses, but there are some private ones in the mix (just opposite abbots) I'd steer well clear of Glandallon. The cartronn estate there wouldn't be too bad,
    The property I was offered is in Beechwood Ct.
    Thanks for the suggestions about Cartron. will have to check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Quite a small housing estate that one, so much less in the way of social problems I'd imagine. Put it this way, I've not heard stories about that estate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

choose carefully on this, lots of student areas with the associated noise etc, then there's a lot of antisocial behavior in some of the other areas of ballytivnan. i'd avoid that area if i was moving with a family and with work commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

If you have a car then you could look at collooney, ballasadare or ballymote areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Irishgems27

Beech Wood a good estate.... As far as Ballytivnan goes.... Close to town and the sligo It is around the corner With St Edward's national school also in close proximity.

I was offered is in Beechwood Ct.
    Thanks for the suggestions about Cartron. will have to check this out.[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Hi ya, stay well clear of Ballytrivnan area, you should have look at the smaller villages outside town like Collooney, Coolaney Ballymote etc, lot lot cheaper, good luck with the house hunting

Advertisement