Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embassy cup shotgun rules.

Options
  • 08-08-2017 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone direct me to the rules of the mag capacity for the shotguns in the Embassy cup for Ireland or governing body? Am in the application process and now, two months in, my local Super, and not chief super for some reason, wants a copy thereof.
    TIA
    Grizzly45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

The NASRPC is the governing body for target shotgun. There is an NDC for target shotgun I don't have his email to hand. The rules governing shotgun are copied from the NRA UK and are found at the following link. http://www.nra.org.uk/common/files/bible/2017/TS%20handbook%20V1%203.pdf
    Many of the disciplines listed in the manual are not shot in Ireland
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Can anyone direct me to the rules of the mag capacity for the shotguns in the Embassy cup for Ireland or governing body? Am in the application process and now, two months in, my local Super, and not chief super for some reason, wants a copy thereof.
    TIA
    Grizzly45

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    TIA
    Grizzly45

As was stated already grizz, contact the nasrpc, but its load with a minimum of 4 rounds and reload with a minimum of 4 rounds at each stage
    why might I ask, does the super want to know, its outside of his remit ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

To stall and can kick no doubt. I applied in June this year, heard nothing until July from the Supers secretary wanting clarification on some point of how I would modify two shotguns to multi shot.Today I get in the post two NEW applications for a restricted shotgun and a letter supposedly from the Super to supply

"The reasons for increasing the magazine capacity to accommodate more than 5 rounds must be clearly set out along with the appropriate documentation to support same it is also noted you intend to shoot in the embassy cup and accordingly documentation should be supplied to prove that this competition requires 5/6 shots in the restricted firearm

So a phone call to the secretary of the Super lands me on the CS secretary, who tells me they need a new application with all this info. So they want ALL the info plus a statement of my "interest" in participating in these comps...
    To be continued.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ntipptop wrote: »
    As was stated already grizz, contact the nasrpc, but its load with a minimum of 4 rounds and reload with a minimum of 4 rounds at each stage
    why might I ask, does the super want to know, its outside of his remit ??

There's more than the Embassy Cup shot though. I've seen T&P1 comps being held. That's 6 rounds that need to be loaded at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

And we shoot the multi-target comps as well, again load with 6 rounds
    Contact the NASRPC secretary and get headed document with details of each of the competitons shot here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Excuse me if i missed it or if i'm wrong, but does this competition not require slugs? IOW regardless of shot count the ammo is restricted?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

clivej wrote: »
    And we shoot the multi-target comps as well, again load with 6 rounds
    Contact the NASRPC secretary and get headed document with details of each of the competitions shot here

Cheers Clive...Have sent a message via NASRPC main website.Do you have the secs email??PM me if you do?

@Cass you are right it's the ammo,[slugs] alright that are restricted, but looking thru the rule book, some can be shot with buck, bird, and slug, depending on the competition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

How do you score buckshot? One shot and you've scored over 300. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement