Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deactivation Code

Options
  • 08-08-2017 11:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am switching to electric ireland pre pay. but told i need a deactivation code from prepaypower. When i called them they said that you guys call them for it, not the client. is that correct?

I want to move away quickly as they show no customer loyalty whatsover, and when i told them i was thinking of moving they said to just move that prepaypower are sick of offering loyalty schemes to customers wanting to move as its happening too much, really doesnt say much for their service if a lot of customers are willing to move and the fact they wont offer anything to combat you offer goes to show how little they care about their customers.

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi Andre,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland as your new electricity provider.

It takes approximately 24 hours for PrePayPower to receive a notification that you are changing providers. Once they can see on their systems that the customer is switching their electricity providers, they will give you the deactivation code.

We recommend contacting PrePayPower at least 24 hours after you commenced the switch to Electric Ireland and request for the deactivation code to be issued for you.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Anna

________

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭userfriendly2

Hi Andre,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland as your new electricity provider.

It takes approximately 24 hours for PrePayPower to receive a notification that you are changing providers. Once they can see on their systems that the customer is switching their electricity providers, they will give you the deactivation code.

We recommend contacting PrePayPower at least 24 hours after you commenced the switch to Electric Ireland and request for the deactivation code to be issued for you.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Anna

________
    Hi All, I'm also in a similar situation as the original poster. I have switched to electric ireland direct debit, yet there was prepay power meter in my house. I have called them and they provided a long code for me to enter. When I entered it the power came on which is great although there was some balance remaining on the meter and that is now running towards zero - I am wondering why is the meter running down and still using this prepay balance instead of just working off electric irelands system and my direct debit and more importantly what will happen when the balance hits zero? Will my electricity continue or will it stop?

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi userfriendly2, 

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland as your supplier. 

I'm afraid this is a query for the other supplier. As Electric Ireland have no access to Prepay Power's prepayment system, you will need to check with them that it is fully deactivated. 

If the code they gave you was correct, nothing will happen once the credit goes to zero.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭userfriendly2

Hi userfriendly2, 

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland as your supplier. 

I'm afraid this is a query for the other supplier. As Electric Ireland have no access to Prepay Power's prepayment system, you will need to check with them that it is fully deactivated. 

If the code they gave you was correct, nothing will happen once the credit goes to zero.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife
    Hey Aoife,

Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that when that balance reaches zero my supply should switch over to yourselves and continue?
    I am just wondering whether or not I should expect a disruption to the supply? I have never dealt with these prepay power meters before so I just want to be sure. Thanks again, I know you are not the provider of the meter so I appreciate your help.

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi userfriendly2,

Sorry for any confusion. 

You will be billed by Electric Ireland based on date you switched and the meter reading you provided. You have a main meter outside, which is the meter that you will be billed by Electric Ireland from. The information on the Pay As You Go meter would not be a factor as we have no oversight of it. You should not have to top-up the meter after the deactivation code.

When you put the deactivation code into the meter, was it accepted? If you are unsure, please ring the other provider to set your mind at ease or ask them to remove the Pay As You Go device. 

The best thing to do is call the other supplier if you have a reason to believe the Pay As You Go meter is still on prepay mode.

We hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement