Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&S opt in or out?

Options
  • 08-08-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Thinking of opting out. Luckily have 15 years and have a long way to go to retirement so I can opt out. Supervision is the worst 40mins of my week. Substitution not as bad but certainly can be painful if you get a last/first class. Any thoughts or reasons why I shouldn't opt out? Anyone planning on opting in who had opted out before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I am also thinking of opting out, I actually don't mind the supervision or substitution part, but what kills me is the fact that you never get the top 5 classes you nominate, last year I actually got options 1,3,8,9 as four of my classes (giving me three days with no break, if I got callled, and losing out on my only early finish). If you could choose 5 and get those 5 I would stay in, but you can't so I feel like opting out. Financially I think it's not a bad move as after tax is taken into account it probably w t be too bad. The fact that I have been in it in a pensionable capacity since it started and will lose all that money, seems like fraud but it looks like we can do nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

In my school you are given the five classes but you are able to change them. But if on full timetable it often means full days. It's hard going at times. Think you are down €28 per fortnight but open to correction on that. I'd really like to have those classes off to plan etc and then not have to come in early or leave late. My principal has not emailed staff re closing date of Friday 11th so I'm going to send in tomorrow and email him about it.

Advertisement