Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Broadband

Options
  • 08-08-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

How much will it cost for unlimited broadband? Without any "hidden" limits? I would go with a business account if necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Muttly wrote: »
    How much will it cost for unlimited broadband? Without any "hidden" limits? I would go with a business account if necessary.
    Hi,

I'm afraid we don't offer this service. If you are receiving our unlimited broadband service, you are receiving the maximum download allowance that we offer which has a fair usage limit of 1TB.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Muttly

You should clarify that its not download allowance. You count both upload and download against usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

You should clarify that its not download allowance. You count both upload and download against usage.
    No problem, thanks for this feedback.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm afraid we don't offer this service. If you are receiving our unlimited broadband service, you are receiving the maximum download allowance that we offer which has a fair usage limit of 1TB.

- Adam

I find it ridiculous that you can say "unlimited" and "limited to" in the same sentence about a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I complained to the ASAI about this exact thing when I was hit with a fee for going over. 
    Keedowah wrote: »
    I find it ridiculous that you can say "unlimited" and "limited to" in the same sentence about a service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Sky Broadband is unlimited, "Totally unlimited So you can download and stream as much as you like." That's where I'm moving to after 12 years with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

DonJose wrote: »
    Sky Broadband is unlimited, "Totally unlimited So you can download and stream as much as you like." That's where I'm moving to after 12 years with Eir.
    Only concern I'd have with Sky is the amount of time you have to wait on the phone to get support. I was with Magnet for years and support was great. I think I'll go back to them.

thesteve wrote: »
    Only concern I'd have with Sky is the amount of time you have to wait on the phone to get support. I was with Magnet for years and support was great. I think I'll go back to them.
    Don't know about their support but everything else is working out good. I already received my Sky Q Hub in the post today. So just waiting for Sky to switch me on am I'm good to go. Sky Truly Unlimited Broadband and Telephone for €35 a month. I was paying €115 for my Eir bundle, broadband/telephone/mobile and then to be hit with a €62.50 excess charge, that was the final straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Don't know about their support but everything else is working out good. I already received my Sky Q Hub in the post today. So just waiting for Sky to switch me on am I'm good to go. Sky Truly Unlimited Broadband and Telephone for €35 a month. I was paying €115 for my Eir bundle, broadband/telephone/mobile and then to be hit with a €62.50 excess charge, that was the final straw.
    This is what i'll be switching to once my contract is up in August. 

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x6tence

gazzamc wrote: »
    This is what i'll be switching to once my contract is up in August. 
    you could switch to virgin media 360mb for the same price as sky for the first 6months, it's a hell of alot better than skys 100mb, not to mention you don't need a phone line with virgin either.

• Advertisement

No Virgin Media in my estate :( I’m happy with Sky’s price and unlimited usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x6tence

No Virgin Media in my estate :( I’m happy with Sky’s price and unlimited usage.
    ah i see, yeah once it's truly unlimited it's good, and 100mb is still pretty good too so it's a win-win, better than getting ripped off by eir :)

hope it all works out for you :)

Advertisement