Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre broadband - self install

Options
  • 08-08-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi. I'm currently on standard DSL with yourselves, thinking about upgrading to fibre broadband. I'm not really interested in other services like TV or mobile so the product choice seems straightforward.

Is it possible to sign up and self install the new modem? If not, how does the engineer appointment work - are evening /weekend time slots available or do you confirm time and date in advance?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi. I'm currently on standard DSL with yourselves, thinking about upgrading to fibre broadband. I'm not really interested in other services like TV or mobile so the product choice seems straightforward.

Is it possible to sign up and self install the new modem? If not, how does the engineer appointment work - are evening /weekend time slots available or do you confirm time and date in advance?

Thank you.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If fibre broadband is available for you, our sales team will be able to order this for you if you give us a ring on 1800503303. 

It isn't possible to self-install fibre modems, a technician would be required to get this service installed. We offer am and pm appointments. Am appointments are between 9 am and 1pm and pm appointments are between 1pm and 6pm. We couldn't get someone out to do this on a weekend I'm afraid. 

We confirm the date and whether it's an am or pm appointment in advance and, if the date doesn't suit, we can change it if you give us a call on 1901.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mythical123

Sounds good, thank you Adam.

Are there any advantages to signing up online versus phoning? I see there's a free jersey offer at the moment, is it only English Premier League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Sounds good, thank you Adam.

Are there any advantages to signing up online versus phoning? I see there's a free jersey offer at the moment, is it only English Premier League?
    No problem at all.

We do have different promotions available online. Usually, signing up online would be your best option as our online discounts tend to be slightly better than the discount you'll receive over the phone. The jersey offer is also an online only offer so, if you would like to avail of this, you would need to sign up online. 

You can get a Premier League, GAA jersey or a Rugby jersey

Youcan view more on this here: https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/terms/JerseyOfferTermsandConditionsFY1718.pdf

- Adam

Advertisement