Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Estate Agent

Options
  • 08-08-2017 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Well guys,

Just a quick query - currently have a property on the market for sale.

We are moving into a new property which we bought with the same agent and confirmed that we would use them as our agent to sell if a certain price could be achieved on the property we purchased.

It's been on the market a few weeks and yesterday I received a call from a friend who is actually looking to buy. He knows the property inside out and seems very interested.

If he makes an offer - do I need to direct him to the agent or what is the story with a scenario like this?

Appreciate any of your thoughts!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

If you have signed a contract to sell with the agent then I think you will have to pay them fees as they could argue that the for sale sign / adverts notified your friend that the property was for sale. These things can get sticky if you have signed with an agent but you "find the buyer"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 simon94bob

HI..
    well,
    Each and every person wants to save money as you told that your friend is interested in buying your property,Then you have to think how you will get the profit.If you want to get good amount from selling your home then definitely you should direct him to real estate agent because he knows the current value of the market.An agent is trained in his profession and he knows how to deal with a client and how to get good amount from them and also he will bring more offers for your property. However, your friend will try to deal with you by paying less than the market value. If you sell property by your own then there are lots of emotions involved in selling a property which I don't think will make things good for business.

Advertisement