Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Cross SC - New Shop

Options
  • 08-08-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Was in market cross this morning. Noticed a shop unit getting fitted out opposite insomnia where swamp use to be. It has been painted red outside, any ideas as to who is going in there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

CEX going in there

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

Wonder when penneys will eventually take over all of market cross??? Places seems to be failing IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Wonder when penneys will eventually take over all of market cross??? Places seems to be failing IMO

It's definitely been in a downward spiral since Superquinn became Super Valu. Has far less appeal. That place needs a major revamp. Last day I was in, they replaced all the nice tiles with nasty cheap lino. I assume they are not going to leave it like that...
    The units aren't suitable to become one large one/s. Where would Penneys extend to?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

Is Eleverys closing and relocating to Winston ?? Surely they could do a reshuffle? A bigger penneys would increase footfall in town.... if penneys left market cross would fail big tome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Very nostalgic but I loved market cross when it had the little creche by the travelators. It was obscenely cheap something like €2 for 2 hours. I could do my shopping in peace but still occasionally cast a glance over my child while she happily played/coloured. I'd love something like that in a shopping centre now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Is Eleverys closing and relocating to Winston ?? Surely they could do a reshuffle? A bigger penneys would increase footfall in town.... if penneys left market cross would fail big tome

Unless the restaurant between it and Penneys wants to move, I can't see that working.

Advertisement