Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH upgrade

Options
  • 08-08-2017 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago we had some sales people come to the door to tell us FTTH was now available in our area. I rang up to order the FTTH upgrade and was told that it would be live on the 2nd August. I was then given a date of August 2nd for the install. The following day I got a very rude phone call telling me that the 2nd August wasn't possible and to expect an update after the 2nd August. I wanted to ask some more questions but was promptly hung up on. I then got a text 3rd August confirming an install date of today, 8th August. Shortly after I received the text I received a call saying a technician would be in the area on the 5th and would I like the install done then. I agreed. An hour or so later I received yet another call saying that the technician could no longer do it on the 5th and it would be the 8th. On the 4th of August I got yet another call, this time to tell me the area was not yet live and that the technician couldn't come out to do the install as the necessary works weren't complete. I had asked when the install could be completed and they couldn't tell me. Is there anyway you could check and see when the necessary works will be carried out and when the install might actually happen? 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

jobonar wrote: »
    Hi,

A couple of weeks ago we had some sales people come to the door to tell us FTTH was now available in our area. I rang up to order the FTTH upgrade and was told that it would be live on the 2nd August. I was then given a date of August 2nd for the install. The following day I got a very rude phone call telling me that the 2nd August wasn't possible and to expect an update after the 2nd August. I wanted to ask some more questions but was promptly hung up on. I then got a text 3rd August confirming an install date of today, 8th August. Shortly after I received the text I received a call saying a technician would be in the area on the 5th and would I like the install done then. I agreed. An hour or so later I received yet another call saying that the technician could no longer do it on the 5th and it would be the 8th. On the 4th of August I got yet another call, this time to tell me the area was not yet live and that the technician couldn't come out to do the install as the necessary works weren't complete. I had asked when the install could be completed and they couldn't tell me. Is there anyway you could check and see when the necessary works will be carried out and when the install might actually happen? 

Thanks
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced while trying to get FTTH installed. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced while trying to get FTTH installed. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam
    PM sent

Thanks, I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I replied to your PM again but got no response. Would you be able to provide any further updates on this?

Thanks

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

I replied to your PM again but got no response. Would you be able to provide any further updates on this?  

Thanks
    Hi,

I've responded to your latest PM about this.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement