Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winstons Closing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Seem to be selling off stock at a rate of knots- not much left there on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

any more on who is goin to take over Winstons once there gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

linny wrote: »
    any more on who is goin to take over Winstons once there gone

Elverys

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

shame really was hoping it might of been heatons or pennys, does Kilkenny need another big sports shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Heatons are going into the old high street mall with sports direct.

• Advertisement

holyhead wrote: »
    Heatons are going into the old high street mall with sports direct.

I thought it was just Sports Direct going in? Will they vacate their (dreary) Market Cross store?

linny wrote: »
    shame really was hoping it might of been heatons or pennys, does Kilkenny need another big sports shop

I'd have to say no! Well supplied with Sports shops.

road_high wrote: »
    I'd have to say no! Well supplied with Sports shops.

Sports shops are fashion shops in disguise - I'd say 80% of purchases are non sports use.

I believe there will be a very large Kilkenny GAA dept within the store.

I thought it was just Sports Direct going in? Will they vacate their (dreary) Market Cross store?

Mike Ashley who owns Sports Direct also owns Heatons so where one opens it includes a Heatons etc Carlow.

Mike Ashley who owns Sports Direct also owns Heatons so where one opens it includes a Heatons etc Carlow.

I think the one over Heatons in Carlow might be slightly different- it's now called H-Sport and used to be SportsWorld. I think the one in Kilkenny is SportsDirect and I gather there's subtle differences- but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 James lakes

Was there any truth in it that Avoca was going to set up in it, .

Never heard that but would have been a fantastic addition. Elverys brings nothing new to the table, KK is already well supplied with sports shops and they already have 2 stores selling the exact same stock 2 mins from eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jjames.mmurphy

Never heard that but would have been a fantastic addition. Elverys brings nothing new to the table, KK is already well supplied with sports shops and they already have 2 stores selling the exact same stock 2 mins from eachother.

I also heard Elevrys... and that was from someone who works in the cafe... totally agree as to why or what they can bring? 4 floor is alot to fill... Penneys or Avoca or even The Kilkenny shop would of being better options.

No, none whatsoever. Even just back in May they were planning Christmas. Approach was made towards end of May by people representing a major retailer who wanted the unit and a lease was agreed. The retailer was elverys -no other party even got a chance to make an offer.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    No, none whatsoever. Even just back in May they were planning Christmas. Approach was made towards end of May by people representing a major retailer who wanted the unit and a lease was agreed. The retailer was elverys -no other party even got a chance to make an offer.

Apparently the business was doing ok, ticking over. I guess they likely own the premises which changes the game completely.

I see Heatons have closed up shop now, directing people to Carlow or Thurles instead.
    Anyone know when/if Dealz are moving in? Looks like it's cleared/empty now. The fickleness of retail...

Is Dealz really moving in ?

I see Heatons have closed up shop now, directing people to Carlow or Thurles instead.
    Anyone know when/if Dealz are moving in? Looks like it's cleared/empty now. The fickleness of retail...

Sports direct are same company as heatons.

Kilkenny city centre is not a great location for the traditional heatons type of product - but it is for sports / sports fashion. Hence the preference for a standalone sports direct than a heatons/sports direct mix.

Is Dealz really moving in ?

That's my understanding.

That's my understanding.

Someone has it before Xmas on here that they had signed up. It’s the right size for them as well.

• Advertisement

Interesting yet random shop to come in... thought they'd want something bigger... But better than empty shops I suppose

Good size for Dealz especially as they are now launching their Pep&Co clothing range.

Pep&Co are part of the south African parent company of Dealz

http://www.pepandco.com/

Interesting yet random shop to come in... thought they'd want something bigger... But better than empty shops I suppose

Nah their other shops around the country are exactly this type and size. They rarely come up in Kilkenny.
    Can’t remember the thread this was all discussed before Xmas. Assume it hasn’t fallen through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Good size for Dealz especially as they are now launching their Pep&Co clothing range.

Pep&Co are part of the south African parent company of Dealz

http://www.pepandco.com/

It'll be interesting to see a bit of competition for Penny's.

Advertisement