Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclists aren't the worst......

Options
  • 08-08-2017 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

...at least, not when compared to Joggers!!!!

Keep 'em off the road!!
    Or at least, make 'em pay road tax!!
    :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

That's attempted murder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've never understood the distinction between attempted murder and murder in terms of punishment. the intent is the same. by giving a lesser sentence for attempted murder, you're really just rewarding incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

And of course over on the Journal cyclist are still the enemy.

@Tony Daly: Joggers on pavements can be just as bad as Cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

One jogger being a dick doesn't exonerate all the cyclists who act like dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Christ, this thread is done already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If the bar is "doesn't push anyone under a bus" that's setting it pretty low.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I didn't push anyone under a bus today, every little helps.

The jogger apparently came back to the scene on his return leg but refused to stop (acccording to another paper. Did no one think, I might get a pic or stop him?

100% agree with MB, attempted murder and murder should be the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

CramCycle wrote: »
    I didn't push anyone under a bus today, every little helps.
    how many people did you not push under a bus today? was it more or fewer people that i did not push under a bus?

MOD VOICE: read the charter before posting again, one warning only

how many people did you not push under a bus today? was it more or fewer people that i did not push under a bus?

Today was quiet so it is hard to tell. On a typical commute, I'd say you typically do not push less people under a bus than me but we have t take into account dstance, time on the bike etc. So its really hard to tell in a fair manner which one of us does not push people under bus more (or less). I'd say if we got the metrics right, we would be about even. This said, I am not a nice person in real life and probably am more tempted to avoid not pushing people under a bus.

145s on my route would stop but the Wexford bus and the 84X would probably give me a thumbs up if I did :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I pushed a few people today but I didn't look to see if there were any busses in the vicinity, though going down O'Connell Street I'm sure there were a few if I had bothered to look where I was going :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fortunately I wasn't quick enough to get in the way of these joggers in London last night:

424657.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

CramCycle wrote: »
    MOD VOICE: read the charter before posting again, one warning only
    I've read the charter and have not broken it.
    What is your mod warning in relation to? It would be useful to point out how i have offended you rather than have me question you.

I've read the charter and have not broken it.
    What is your mod warning in relation to? It would be useful to point out how i have offended you rather than have me question you.

MOD VOICE: Normally we take such conversations to PM, I would appreciate if you do that if you wish to converse further. Point 8 on the charter. Trying to play pedant with the words, doesn't negate this, nor does "all the cyclists" get around the generalisations clause. Further discussion via PM only.

Advertisement