Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips to get upgraded in Aer Lingus?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

pilly wrote: »
    How much do you guys have to stretch? There is an aisle like?

The aisle is tiny! Plus its rude to block the aisle during stretching sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

You were so happy to have business class privileges ,so why go to economy to stretch your legs? Now I have never travelled business class but i would have presumed your needs would be met in light of the price difference?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I should also add that in most long haul economy flights I have been on there is always a congregation of people roughly an hour or so after the meal who come up near the galley to stretch, shoot the breeze with each other and generally get in every single persons way who wants to use the toilet. In my experience its always men in their 30s/40s who are usually giddy about the stag/golfing holiday ahead and feel the need to tell the staff.
    They aren't bad as such just a tad annoying and the staff are usually busy at this stage with the waste disposal, getting drinks etc but they just have to grin and bear it and pretend they are interested in some random guys opinion on New York or the weather back home. That is much more annoying that somebody who needs to stretch for 5 minutes at a quite part of the flight!
    That’s a fair point

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Locker10a wrote: »
    Frankly if you value space so much pay for an upgrade.

What a lazy and ignorant reply.

Frankly if you value your space don’t choose a job that involves sharing tight space with a few hundred people for a long period of time and then complaining about it on the internet!

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

In fairness, if they were having a private chat, what do you expect them to do other than regard you politely and wait for you to leave again?? It's not like they told you to piss off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Stretching the legs in my book would mean just getting out of the seat and getting as far as the toilet.
    Am I correct in thinking that people are actually doing stretching exercises?
    That sounds nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

mickdw wrote: »
    Stretching the legs in my book would mean just getting out of the seat and getting as far as the toilet.
    Am I correct in thinking that people are actually doing stretching exercises?
    That sounds nuts.

Yes. Every flight long haul ive been on i have always seen people do yoga or stretches for a few minutes in various parts of the plane. Have you tried being crammed into economy for more than 8 hours? Just getting up and going to the toilet isnt enough. You need to perform stretches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Yes. Every flight long haul ive been on i have always seen people do yoga or stretches for a few minutes in various parts of the plane. Have you tried being crammed into economy for more than 8 hours? Just getting up and going to the toilet isnt enough. You need to perform stretches.

Ive sat in economy for more than 8 hours. I never felt the need to do a pre match warm up in somebodies work enviroment.
    Why should somebody who is on their feet for hours running after the general public and dealing with their ****e have to deal with this crap on their break? Im not even crew and it pisses me off.

Also id be fairly hesitant to even touch the ground on a aircraft, people puking ****ting and pissing all over the place.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I think we have all stretched our opinions on the matter. Airlines are, at the end of the day a form of public transport. Sharing space with so many people for 6-10 hours is not a great situation. Personal morality and a sense of appropriate behavior is often lacking for those members of the population who don’t get that point.
    Everyone should stretch inflight, I don’t think anyone has issue with this, but acting like it’s a private jet is going beyond the line.

Advertisement