Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Totally useless Toyota Face Down app

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

honda boi wrote: »
    Is that restore or a centra/londis kinda shop?

Restore, but only at the ones where there's a machine behind the deli counter and a deli assistant makes it. Much nicer than the machine where you make it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bru79

In my experience using the app, I have taken calls and made calls through Bluetooth (steering wheel controls so no need to touch the phone) and still earned points.

It feels a bit like the bonus points for logging multiple journeys without interacting with the phone is a scam because every time I log a 3rd or 4rth journey in a row it says I interacted with the phone when I have not! (I keep my phone in a compartment in centre console where u can't even see it!).
    Its possible I have lost signal and therefore not connected to internet so can't log.

I don't log evert journey (would get free coffee every day if I did, I am sales Rep driving over 6000k per month) as it drains battery big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Bru79 wrote: »
    In my experience using the app, I have taken calls and made calls through Bluetooth (steering wheel controls so no need to touch the phone) and still earned points.

It feels a bit like the bonus points for logging multiple journeys without interacting with the phone is a scam because every time I log a 3rd or 4rth journey in a row it says I interacted with the phone when I have not! (I keep my phone in a compartment in centre console where u can't even see it!).
    Its possible I have lost signal and therefore not connected to internet so can't log.

I don't log evert journey (would get free coffee every day if I did, I am sales Rep driving over 6000k per month) as it drains battery big time.

Battery drain is an issue, I wonder do they plan to update it to keep the screen off

I'm similar to you , I'm a expressway driver for bus Eireann on the likes of Dublin to cork, Galway , Donegal etc so earn big points everyday

I'd be getting free hot drink every day - every second day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Bru79 wrote: »

If you don't 'finish journey' within a few seconds of picking up the phone it thinks you have interacted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I'm finding it hard to get this app to work. The problem seems to be that even though I make sure my mobile data is connected before I begin a journey, it is disconnected at the end. I think the app is interfering with the connection. It works sometimes. Very hit and miss. Does anyone else have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Has this app stopped working for others?

Not clocking up points and vouchers not working...

It works fine for me but it can be a bit glitchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

happyday wrote: »
    It works fine for me but it can be a bit glitchy.

Interesting. Are you sure it's adding on points ?

It's stopped working for me. And Toyota have refused to answer mails on it since new year.

Mardyke wrote: »
    Interesting. Are you sure it's adding on points ?

It's stopped working for me. And Toyota have refused to answer mails on it since new year.

Yes I keep an eye on how many points I have. Just enough for 2 coffees at the moment. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Mardyke wrote: »

No QR codes for coffee on the app for almost a month now.
    They are "aware" but seem to not care about fixing it :rolleyes:.

Terrible really as it was lauded by all three parties at launch, the RSA, Toyota & CircleK, iirc.

Call them, complain - 01 2028888. Maybe they'll have an update now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

Kramer wrote: »
    No QR codes for coffee on the app for almost a month now.
    They are "aware" but seem to not care about fixing it :rolleyes:.

Terrible really as it was lauded by all three parties at launch, the RSA, Toyota & CircleK, iirc.

Call them, complain - 01 2028888. Maybe they'll have an update now?

Why call Circle K, would it not be better to contact Toyota who actually run the promotion?
    http://faceitdown.ie/terms-conditions/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Talking(using hands free) and driving is never an issue with me but I have no problem telling the other person to shut up for a while as I am doing something risky or need to concentrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

sidcon wrote: »
    Why call Circle K, would it not be better to contact Toyota who actually run the promotion?[/url]

Yep, you're right. It's Toyota's responsibility.
    I don't think they have responded to anyone though.

Advertisement