Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments in Waterford.....Personal Experiences?

Options
  • 08-08-2017 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi There,
    I am thinking of moving back to Waterford after being away for the last 19 years (13 in Dublin and 6 in Holland).  Still a regular visitor so I am not clueless about the place but most of the apartments have been built since I moved.
    Now I know there are apartments dotted around
    Can anyone their experience/advice on such places?

Now I know there are apartments dotted around where hookers operate from but this is the same across the country!
    I am looking for honest accounts not stories about "Polish gangs hacking someone with machetes" (Yes I heard someone claim this happens with regularity on FB) or other hyperbole.

Information will be much appreciated by reply or PM.
    Thanks in Advance
    FD

Comments

Hi There,
    I am thinking of moving back to Waterford after being away for the last 19 years (13 in Dublin and 6 in Holland).  Still a regular visitor so I am not clueless about the place but most of the apartments have been built since I moved.
    Now I know there are apartments dotted around
    Can anyone their experience/advice on such places?

Now I know there are apartments dotted around where hookers operate from but this is the same across the country!
    I am looking for honest accounts not stories about "Polish gangs hacking someone with machetes" (Yes I heard someone claim this happens with regularity on FB) or other hyperbole.

Information will be much appreciated by reply or PM.
    Thanks in Advance
    FD
    There will be hookers anywhere in the world. I am not a politically correct person at all but in my opinion I'd be more worried about local scum in Waterford than the Polish, the Polish in Waterford (from my experiences anyway) are a grand bunch of lads.

I lived in an apartment in the old Infirmary, I lived in the basement so the apartment was tiny but besides that there was no trouble at all. I would make sure you don't buy an apartment in a student location. Overall its just luck I'd say, hope you get good neighbours and you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

the Polish in Waterford (from my experiences anyway) are a grand bunch of lads.
    Thank you, Sir. Much appreciated.

I second The Infirmary. The quietest of all the apartments I've ever been to. And the maintenance fella - the kindest I have ever had to deal with. Pure gentleman.

Used to rent out in Summerhill Terrace (back of Fiztwilton Hotel) - it was OK. Although finding a parking space was a nightmare.

Spend over a year in Barker Place, O'Connell St (former Roxy nightclub location) - some feckers live only to put up the fire alarm every night.

Penrose Court, on the corner of Penrose Ln and Anne St, wouldn't be my choice. Just don't like the corridors out in the open, from the courtyard side, where everyone looks through your windows to check what's ye having for dinner.

Wellington Court, off Wellington Street, Ballybricken, recently a fire broke in one of the apartments, was there also a murder investigation? Has a bad vibe to me although I know of a few professionals leaving there and seem to be happy about the location.

I was stunned, seeing Glen Cove Apts (down the lane from The Cove Bar), beautifully finished, well furnished, gated development with own access to the marina. I wouldn't mind living there.

beazee wrote: »
    Thank you, Sir. Much appreciated.

I second The Infirmary. The quietest of all the apartments I've ever been to. And the maintenance fella - the kindest I have ever had to deal with. Pure gentleman.

Used to rent out in Summerhill Terrace (back of Fiztwilton Hotel) - it was OK. Although finding a parking space was a nightmare.

Spend over a year in Barker Place, O'Connell St (former Roxy nightclub location) - some feckers live only to put up the fire alarm every night.

Penrose Court, on the corner of Penrose Ln and Anne St, wouldn't be my choice. Just don't like the corridors out in the open, from the courtyard side, where everyone looks through your windows to check what's ye having for dinner.

Wellington Court, off Wellington Street, Ballybricken, recently a fire broke in one of the apartments, was there also a murder investigation? Has a bad vibe to me although I know of a few professionals leaving there and seem to be happy about the location.

I was stunned, seeing Glen Cove Apts (down the lane from The Cove Bar), beautifully finished, well furnished, gated development with own access to the marina. I wouldn't mind living there.

Are you Polish yourself? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm not, but I would second that, Polish neighbours would be an asset!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm not, but I would second that, Polish neighbours would be an asset!

Yeah what I found about Polish I have lived near is that they keep to themselves, are very quite and dont cause trouble. That is what I want in neighbours someone who shuts up and doesn't annoy me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Are you Polish yourself? :)

I happened to be :)

Advertisement