Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* LC 2018 / 19 Off-topic Thread *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Starting on the 24th and I am absolutely dreading them. If I think about them too much I start getting anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Mine are starting Friday and I'm not even thinking about them. I'm finally going back to school tomorrow for a start. Now, can I go a full week without getting sick please.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 John_2187

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Mine are starting Friday and I'm not even thinking about them. I'm finally going back to school tomorrow for a start. Now, can I go a full week without getting sick please.

Hope it goes well just don’t think about the exams they don’t mean anything

John_2187 wrote: »
    Hope it goes well just don’t think about the exams they don’t mean anything

Thank you. I have made it into school successfully for two days (so far) :D. I am feeling wonderful after being sick for so long. I feel like another man now. Everybody was delighted to see me back yesterday.

French aural tomorrow, French oral and Music practical Thursday then my written exams begin Friday. They end next Wednesday. Not in school for too long after coming back :P.

I made it, one full week! Woohoo. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

Have so much to cram tomorrow, Sunday and Monday for my exams tuesday:/ start with Applied maths and chemistry and I’m so stressed for Applied :(
    Gonna cram physics, chemistry and bio tomorrow lol :)

Had English on Thursday and then Maths and Accounting on Friday. All HL and 2 hour papers.
    My schedule is awful. I have 2 days with nothing yet it was decided to put Maths and Accounting on the same day with only a 15 minute break in between both the 2 hour papers.
    Good luck to everyone else. Let's push through this last week and let summer begin, it's well needed.

jeonahr wrote: »
    Had English on Thursday and then Maths and Accounting on Friday. All HL and 2 hour papers.
    My schedule is awful. I have 2 days with nothing yet it was decided to put Maths and Accounting on the same day with only a 15 minute break in between both the 2 hour papers.
    Good luck to everyone else. Let's push through this last week and let summer begin, it's well needed.

Aw that’s bad! We get 30 mins between ours
    How did they go?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 leaving14cert

I've only had Business and Irish so far, and I have one exam every day for the rest of the week. Our exams don't start until after lunch every day though, so I have to wait all day for one exam. I would definitely prefer to have an exam in the morning and get it out of the way! I'm always wrecked tired come 3 o'clock :o

The 6th years have officially finished their classes in our school... hard to believe we're almost 6th years already :eek:

I've only had Business and Irish so far, and I have one exam every day for the rest of the week. Our exams don't start until after lunch every day though, so I have to wait all day for one exam. I would definitely prefer to have an exam in the morning and get it out of the way! I'm always wrecked tired come 3 o'clock :o

The 6th years have officially finished their classes in our school... hard to believe we're almost 6th years already :eek:

I like the way Ye have it! We have two a day from Tuesday on!
    And I know it’s acc so weird

• Advertisement

Sb567 wrote: »
    Aw that’s bad! We get 30 mins between ours
    How did they go?

Everyone was pretty shocked after the maths. It was harder than expected, but we'll see how the marking scheme is because that tends to be quite forgiving as long as you got something right.

Accounting had some slight weird adjustments and stuff so we were weirded out by the paper. Everyone's guessing our teacher chose mock questions so I'm guessing that's why it was weird.

Not too bad overall. My maths teacher warned my class that the test would be hard and that if we could get 100% we would be doing the actual LC and not summer exams. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Mine started on Thursday 3 the first day and one every other day so really drags it out. Some people have a day off but meh. had english, German then Bio, not a great first 3 but hey. 10 minute break between english and german so my hand was.. dead. Hour break between German and Bio. Had maths on Friday and went ok except for a question he said 100% wasnt coming up.. came up. Irish now tomorrow and I have no idea how to study for this. Dreading it.

Ours start tomorrow now abso dreading it like ! Anyone else who does chemistry find all the bonding confusing ??

Irish went ok today. By ok that means meh. Have economics tomorrow but that's gonna be hard too. Business on wed essay and them I'm freeeee

I failed Geography. I just know it, I had it today. :(

Business tomorrow in the afternoon going to be ok.

Maths was alright today too. English was meh on Friday.

Ours start tomorrow now abso dreading it like ! Anyone else who does chemistry find all the bonding confusing ??

I used to but now I enjoy bonding, at least the exam questions. I never find the questions to be as hard as the understanding of the actual content of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I failed Geography. I just know it, I had it today. :(

Business tomorrow in the afternoon going to be ok.

Maths was alright today too. English was meh on Friday.

Don't worry about the geography exam. There's more to life than papers filled with questions that fail to properly measure the overall ability of oneself in today's world.

Well economics went.. alright. Some stuff I just totally blanked out on.

Now to look over 215 pages of business woohoo. At least im free and on summer holidays at 10;40 tomorrow though! :D

Business was grand, roll on tomorrow afternoon now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 leaving14cert

Well economics went.. alright. Some stuff I just totally blanked out on.

Now to look over 215 pages of business woohoo. At least im free and on summer holidays at 10;40 tomorrow though! :D
    I had economics as well today! So mad at myself, the only market structure graph I didn't look over came up :rolleyes:

Can't wait for Friday to be finally finished. I think I'll look over a few things during the summer just so I won't completely forget stuff but nothing too mad.

• Advertisement

I had maths on Friday and got results for it today! I'm over the moon! I thought I did awful after the exam but I ended up getting 71%.
    Had Irish today. The reading comprehension was meh, but the prose, poetry and An Triail were good.
    Biology and Chemistry tomorrow. Need to teach myself the whole book of biology :D

I had economics as well today! So mad at myself, the only market structure graph I didn't look over came up :rolleyes:

Can't wait for Friday to be finally finished. I think I'll look over a few things during the summer just so I won't completely forget stuff but nothing too mad.

I didn't even do any market structures hah! Hate the things. Luckily the other 3 long questions weren't market stecutrws but demand and supply , elasticity and factors of production! :)

Got my maths result back ,78% OL. Delighted with that since I didn’t even do one full question that we basically never did in class

Really looking forward to being free tomorrow. I may do some study over the summer.. in August maybe? Haha.

jeonahr wrote: »
    I used to but now I enjoy bonding, at least the exam questions. I never find the questions to be as hard as the understanding of the actual content of the course.

Yeah I hope over time it becomes easier our exam was really hard today!

Well I've finished my business exam so that means I'm on Summer holidays now. Delighted!

Yeah I hope over time it becomes easier our exam was really hard today!

We hadn't to do two mandatory experiment questions. Titrations are my biggest nightmare haha. I never understand the maths of it. At least it's over with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thereisacar

Hi, have only posted in this once about Christmas results but have been stalking this conversation consistently lol, my summer exams are finally over! Did quite well in my Christmas tests but have had a very tough year since regarding personal health issues & also a health issue with my father as well but thankfully I've been able to manage it quite well although it's been tough! Got 96 in English which I'm so so pleased with because I find Yeats challenging & the gvv question was weird, my exams went well except maths was absolutely diabolical (got a H1 in Christmas and I honestly think I was lucky if I got a H5 from the test on Monday, I'm so bad at trigonometry & circles) partly down to the fact I missed a deal of school in January & February but also I'm not exactly what one would call a mathematician despite that Christmas grade, hopefully I'll pick it up next year and can stay in HL maths but not too fussed either. Hope everyone found their exams not too difficult and try not to worry about summer results coz they're not everything & try to relax over the summer! We still have 1 more year!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 shortgirl0

Wow it’s been a while since I posted! Just as an overall view of fifth year I began the year on the right foot but then let myself go and didn’t really work hard from late September to December. Managed to do okay in the Christmas exams (~500 points) but deffo not what I need for the lc. Started working harder around Easter time up until summer exams. My school decided they would do the summer exams during class times over a two week period. This was really annoying and did not work well at all. Our entire year wrote a complaint letter to the head office! I’m not very happy with my results for the summer (out of the ones I have gotten back). The entire year I have had my eye on PPES in trinity. It’s philosophy, political science, economics, and sociology. It’s around 555 points so I need to put in a ton of work. I think I’m gonna study during the summer when I’m not doing anything and get all of the stuff I learned in 5th year into my head for 6th so I don’t really have to worry about it next year. For the person asking about the Gaeltacht I think it’s sooooo worth going. I was failing Irish in first year and second year, went to UISCE, and now I’m one of the top in my class and work in my Irish college as a ceannaire!

Just got my Summer exam results and thankfully, passed everything in spite of my huge absence courtesy of numerous infections and bronchitis. I even had an improvement in my English result over Christmas' one.

Got my report card a few days ago. Quite happy with my results. I went down in two subjects but stayed or jumped up in the rest.

My changes/drops from Christmas to Summer;
    Maths - Stayed at H3
    English - H5 to H2
    Irish - H4 to H3
    German - H1 to H4
    Biology - H1 to H2
    Chemistry - H2 to H1
    Accounting - Stayed at H1

In the subjects where I dropped grades I was already expecting that result. German wasn't shocking as I didn't get close to finishing the paper.

At least now I can enjoy the summer without having to worry about school. See yous next year :D

• Advertisement

Got my results ! Not too happy with biology, french and English! But I worked so hard for french it’s just our class is so big we never practiced orals or tapes or anything so it’s hard!
    English I ran out of time so I never did my essay and biology we have a new teacher because our good teacher had a baby and he’s not a great teacher :(

I do everything higher level except irish:
    Maths - H3 (75%)
    English - H6 (49%)
    Irish(ol) - O3 (71%)
    French - H4 (60%)
    Physics - H2 (88%)
    Chemistry - H1 (92%)
    Biology - H3 (78%)
    Applied maths - H4 (64%)

Advertisement