Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography backdrops

Options
  • 09-08-2017 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I've recently bought a small studio set up with lights, stand, and novelty backdrops. The novelty back drops are fine for taking cute photos of my toddler however I want to take some portrait photos so looking for plain black or plain white. I see on Amazon I can purchase both for 60 or on Ali-express €10 each.
    Is there any reason I should choose one over the other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Hi,

I've recently bought a small studio set up with lights, stand, and novelty backdrops. The novelty back drops are fine for taking cute photos of my toddler however I want to take some portrait photos so looking for plain black or plain white. I see on Amazon I can purchase both for 60 or on Ali-express €10 each.
    Is there any reason I should choose one over the other?

It depends on what type of material the backdrops are made from.

My advice, as someone who shoots portraits for a living, just get some decent background paper. Savage would be the best-known brand. They're pricey enough, but they really are the best option for general portrait use.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HarborcOat

I would agree with Gloobag. Some of the really cheap backdrops can be made with horrible nylon type stuff that gets full of creases and isn't much good for anything other than giving you an electric shock. I'd go with paper every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dark Rabbit

Cheers guys. You've confirmed what thought might be the case that the cheaper material may show creases. Thanks for your feedback.

Advertisement