Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for offering PM help?

Options
  • 09-08-2017 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

I was banned in a thread that was about importing windows from Poland,
    someone today have already PM'd me a message asking for help/recommendations about how to do it.

When I went back to the thread I have noticed 3 more replies from different people about price difference in Poland vs. Ireland, how to go about it and so on.

So I offered my help on PM for those who want to know more since I am Polish myself and I know a company in Poland that supply windows that are opened outside ( The Irish way).

Below I just mentioned that I am about to open a business like this myself and service like this should be easily accessible to others in Ireland very soon.

I got banned for advertising my business, but I don't even have a business to advertise?
    I only said that there are steps taken to easy up this process for people, but for now they can PM me if they want help with it.

I'm seriously pissed off that Mod didn't even give me a warning or a chance to elaborate what I mean.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi TheAlkaline,

Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod by PM, per step 1 of the flowchart above?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

Toots wrote: »
    Hi TheAlkaline,

Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod by PM, per step 1 of the flowchart above?

Yes, still no reply

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What time did you send the PM at? We usually ask that you allow at least 24 hours for a reply - the mods aren't online all the time.

Toots wrote: »
    What time did you send the PM at? We usually ask that you allow at least 24 hours for a reply - the mods aren't online all the time.

Of course, it's understandable. I'll wait to see if I get a response by tomorrow noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - Please let us know if you resolved this with the mod.

Thanks,

tHB

• Advertisement

OP - Please let us know if you resolved this with the mod.

Thanks,

tHB

Hi,

Mod never got back to me, ban was lifted since it was only for 1 day. It doesn't change the fact it was inconvenient at the time and I think it was escalated too fast.

Regards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi

I will look into this. Can you forward me the pms you sent to the moderator in question? Thx

delete.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have spoken to the mod and it seems this just slipped his mind. He will respond to your pm soon. If you don't hear from him in the next 48 hours please post here again.

Hi Alkaline. Has this been resolved?

• Advertisement

Yes, all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Marked as resolved. Thanks all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement