Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pfizer Temporary Contracts

Options
  • 09-08-2017 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Does anybody know much about the Pfizer 11 month temp contracts? I just accepted one for a process technician job at Grange Castle. I'm wondering how likely they are to keep people on after the 11 months or are they more prone to let people go once their contract ends?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Datingdisaster

Having worked there for 5 years these contracts are most of the time renewed and lead to a permenant job. In my time there 99% of the technicians were eventually made permenant. Great place to work great bunch of people..and congrats on the job

• Registered Users Posts: 17 User19823

Having worked there for 5 years these contracts are most of the time renewed and lead to a permenant job. In my time there 99% of the technicians were eventually made permenant. Great place to work great bunch of people..and congrats on the job

That's great news thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Im a process tech at a different company and was considering applying for pfizer. Can you shed some light on the shift patterns and maybe starting salary? I have a degree in electronic eng and have 5 years exp.

Thanks

Im a process tech at a different company and was considering applying for pfizer. Can you shed some light on the shift patterns and maybe starting salary? I have a degree in electronic eng and have 5 years exp.

Thanks

Not really 100% sure of the shift pattern but it can be any day of the week and some nights. Shifts are 12 hours. You get shift allowance so salary is 40k

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Datingdisaster

The salary is between 30 and 33 thousand basic with 33.3 % shift allowance and that is non negiotiable! When your permenants there's more perks bonus vhi etc.

There majority of techs are on 4 cycle 12 hour shifts 7 to 7 but you have to be in 15 minutes early for shift hand over(you get paid double time for these 15 nis or you can take it back in holidays)

You work every second weekend for 3 days so for example you'll work Monday Tuesday days then off Wednesday Thursday and work Friday Saturday Sunday nights off Monday Tuesday then work Wednesday Thursday days alternating between days and nights.

There is 2 cycle in one suite I think but it's rare you get in there!!

It's a great place to work but pay wise there are many other companies paying techs more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Robbierob

Hi I have just got a Process Technician role starting in Pfizer in October.Delighted! The salary I got is over 16 euro an hour basic and with 33percent shift that amounts to over 47k a year based on a 42 hour week.Can anyone tell me what does this Process Tech job in Pfizer entail?the main parts

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

Where would one apply for a job like this?,would it be on the pfizer website or through a recruitment agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Robbierob

On the CPl website or Google process technician Pfizer CPL

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Brasso

Where would one apply for a job like this?,would it be on the pfizer website or through a recruitment agency?

Probably best to apply on their website but they also use a few recruitment agencies I think they have some sort of rule against applying twice though so you have to be careful, sometimes the agencies don't name the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

User19823 wrote: »
    Does anybody know much about the Pfizer 11 month temp contracts? I just accepted one for a process technician job at Grange Castle. I'm wondering how likely they are to keep people on after the 11 months or are they more prone to let people go once their contract ends?

Thanks

Hi - am looking at the application process myself. Do Pfizer in grange castle use CPL to do all their hiring and contracting with exception of permanent contracts? Just want to be informed before I go though an application process with this company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭syntheticjunk

CPL for contractors only. Even if you'll apply through their website directly - you'll be dealing with CPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

CPL for contractors only. Even if you'll apply through their website directly - you'll be dealing with CPL.

So even if you apply direct to Pfizer - every starting role is contracted by CPL and you are only ever contracted to Pfizer once you are given a permanent contract? Sorry - just wnat to confirm.

If so then its a completely new concept to me that Pfizer has basically contracted its whole hiring process and all its starters. Never heard of this total blanket contractor apporach instead of a company using their own contracts for new starts at least for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Thanks

Hey, I have an interview for this coming up. Would you mind telling me what an average day looks like in your job?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 L_isamess

Robbierob wrote: »
    Hi I have just got a Process Technician role starting in Pfizer in October.Delighted! The salary I got is over 16 euro an hour basic and with 33percent shift that amounts to over 47k a year based on a 42 hour week.Can anyone tell me what does this Process Tech job in Pfizer entail?the main parts
    Hi, I have an interview coming up for this role, could you give me any advice for the interview and a brief description of the work that you carry out on the average day? Thanks in advance.

L_isamess wrote: »
    Hi, I have an interview coming up for this role, could you give me any advice for the interview and a brief description of the work that you carry out on the average day? Thanks in advance.

Phone interview, video interview, assessment centre where you do 5 aptitude tests and a group discussion, then a final face to face interview. Very little science knowledge required for the entire interview process. Know your CV and learn what GMP means and the rest is just "Can you tell me a time when" type questions.

Work is different depending what department you get put in (suites or drug substance) and depending whether you end up in upstream, downstream or buffer.
    Upstream = growing cells and producing protein in bioreactors
    Downstream = purifying protein from upstream
    Buffer = making up all the media and buffers used in upstream/downstream

• Registered Users Posts: 17 L_isamess

Phone interview, video interview, assessment centre where you do 5 aptitude tests and a group discussion, then a final face to face interview. Very little science knowledge required for the entire interview process. Know your CV and learn what GMP means and the rest is just "Can you tell me a time when" type questions.

Work is different depending what department you get put in (suites or drug substance) and depending whether you end up in upstream, downstream or buffer.
    Thanks so much, really appreciate your reply☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

What sorta questions do they ask in the phone interview and the video interview?
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭syntheticjunk

What sorta questions do they ask in the phone interview and the video interview?
    Thanks again

It's more behavioral questions: - if one of your colleagues taking shortcuts - what would you do? What are your weaknesses? What do you know about Pfizer? What is GMP? How would you deal with difficult person at work? and so on.
    You can even prepare some answers for phone interview and have it in front of you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 frisbee!

So did your contract get renewed? I think I’ve just gotten an 11 month contract and now have the same question!

frisbee! wrote: »
    So did your contract get renewed? I think I’ve just gotten an 11 month contract and now have the same question!

People were either made permanent or their contract was extended and then they were made permanent a few months later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Triona00

Hi, is process technician work mainly for males?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moomoo2

Hi my husband is changing careers, he is now starting a pharma springboard course. Would this help him with a technician job?. What sort of backgrounds must you have for these roles please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 edit_me

Actual 1 or 2 years experience in pharma industry would help more than springboard course. But at this stage it might work as in last two years they probably interviewed every possible candidate for process tech position :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 edit_me

Triona00 wrote: »
    Hi, is process technician work mainly for males?

Nope. 75% of the time its monitoring of the the process. A lot of females working as process techs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 I Corps

moomoo2 wrote: »
    Hi my husband is changing careers, he is now starting a pharma springboard course. Would this help him with a technician job?. What sort of backgrounds must you have for these roles please?

Hopefully it's not too late to reply but my advise to your husband is that if invited to an interview in a pharmaceutical company, he should mention about validation. In my experience, pharma courses task students of validation assignments to validate such and such equipment. If your husband's course has validation assignment as part of a group (or as an individual) then he should mention what his role and task was be it IQ, PQ, OQ, DQ. Believe me, mentioning validation experience even if it was in college would do anyone wonder because many tasks and projects in pharma companies are all about validation.

Advertisement