Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to not accept a place?

Options
  • 09-08-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all,

I have been offered a place in UL (60), however I am not in position to take up the offer this year and am looking to hold off until next Sept (2018). Does anyone know how I go about rejecting the offer? Or is it simply a matter of letting the deadline pass (Thurs 10th Aug @ 5.15)?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cloudmed

PyramidUp wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been offered a place in UL (60), however I am not in position to take up the offer this year and am looking to hold off until next Sept (2018). Does anyone know how I go about rejecting the offer? Or is it simply a matter of letting the deadline pass (Thurs 10th Aug @ 5.15)?

Thanks for your help!

You can let the offer deadline pass or ring them and let them know. It might be worth your while ringing UL to see if you can accept this year and defer it until next year. They let a certain number of students defer each year. At least then you'll have the guarantee of a place next year instead of having to go through the CAO process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PyramidUp

Thanks for getting back to me.

I rang re deferring but they stressed to me that they would only allow deferrals for medical conditions. Looks like Ill just let it pass and apply again next year. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Shame that you can't defer, but just make sure that your score will be valid for next year. If so, then you should get a place again no problem. :)

Advertisement