Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Written Examiner payment

Options
  • 09-08-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anyone who corrected the state exams has been paid yet?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Not usually until September. Email financial@examinations.ie with your pps no and they will tell you how far your claim is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Not usually until September. Email financial@examinations.ie with your pps no and they will tell you how far your claim is.

Apologies for side tracking the thread - can you delete some of your private messages :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I deleted all of them so I should be able to receive a message now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I have the exact same question as above. Will give them an email tomorrow but is it 30 days payment from submission of account form like superintending ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

30 working days. So 6 weeks. Regardless of that, payments when they were mad efficient 10 years ago used to go through around the middle of September. Now things have been very efficient this year, so fingers crossed it continues, but I wouldn't be checking my bank account or ringing for an update for at least 3 more weeks yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

The missus got her payment this morning. LC Paper 1 maths.

Squatter wrote: »
    The missus got her payment this morning. LC Paper 1 maths.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What date did she finish up squatter?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

Any JC science get payment yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Agreed! We were equally shocked!

From memory the Payments Form was sent in on Friday 14th July.

• Advertisement

Thanks. So it was 30 working days approx. Still two weeks to go for me :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A friend who did HL LC Biology was paid today.

spurious wrote: »
    A friend who did HL LC Biology was paid today.

:eek: *faints*

• Registered Users Posts: 31 star_123

still no sign of J.C. payment

star_123 wrote: »

Emailed them during the week. Supposedly went through Friday so hopefully should be in the account Monday or Tuesday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yeah, I thought my sums meant it was due yesterday - alas not.
    My LC Bio friend finished after me and my JC papers.

Emailed them during the week. Supposedly went through Friday so hopefully should be in the account Monday or Tuesday

I emailed on Friday. They said they hoped to start processing junior cert payments this week.

If it had been coming in on Monday , it would have been in my Ulster bank account last night. The thirty day thing has passed for me , same as spurious.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 star_123

I received an e-mail today and apparently we can expect it Friday

Money finally came in Thursday... Three weeks work and I get roughly 2€ a script, no wonder they're struggling to find people for it. Utter waste of time

• Advertisement

Still nothing here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭kala85

Money finally came in Thursday... Three weeks work and I get roughly 2€ a script, no wonder they're struggling to find people for it. Utter waste of time

How much for three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I got paid yesterday. English.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

The 30 days is calculated from the time the SEC receive the form from your AE, in our case it was a week after we sent them on to our AEs. We've been paid thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

It's the chief advising examiner that sends in the forms of account, not the individual advising examiners, at least in some subjects. (I can't speak for every subject, obviously.)
    The CAE will probably wait until they can send all of the forms together too so you probably can't judge based on when you sent your form because you're still relying on your AE, who's then relying on the CAE, who's relying on all of the other examiners and AEs before they can send on the forms.

Anyone else feel like the tax was very high? Have my payslips in front of me and I did exactly the same amount of work last year and came home with a lot less. Had my credits allocated in time too.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like the tax was very high? Have my payslips in front of me and I did exactly the same amount of work last year and came home with a lot less. Had my credits allocated in time too.

Tax rates haven't changed, but mileage rates have. Is that where you have lost out?

I know they didn't change the rates for the practicals before the summer, but I can't remember if they were changed for the written or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Tax rates haven't changed, but mileage rates have. Is that where you have lost out?

I know they didn't change the rates for the practicals before the summer, but I can't remember if they were changed for the written or not.

Mileage rates for exam work not changing until next year. Work is also being done to improve rates of pay for examiners next year and the pension related deduction is gone from January 2019.

Postgrad10 wrote: »

Got on to revenue and apparently my tax credits were allocated wrong even though I called them in advance. About 700 euro down on last year. Frustrating to say the least.

• Advertisement

Hmmm. I went checking.

Posted everything to AE (who told us she was submitting directly to Financial) 21st July. Almost all our group were experienced so I don't think we should have been waiting on any newbies not knowing to send stuff in.

Even so, if I allow from 28th July to give time for everyone's forms to get in, that's still 37 working days til today. Bah. I should have smelt a rat when my LC HL Bio friend who finished up after me got paid before me.

Hopefully this Friday.

Advertisement