Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I keep Eircom email on Sky Broadband for iPad without needing a Sky Yahoo Mail

• 09-08-2017 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Recently changed broadband provider to Sky and no issues with the exception of being able to send emails from Outlook on the ipad. I can receive them no problem.

I've had my eircom email for years and don't want to change it or have another email address as well.

I followed all the instructions I found on boards regarding changing the outgoing server to smtp.tools.sky.com. I then spent 2 hours onto Sky Support who in the end said that I needed to create a Sky Yahoo email in order to sent outgoing mails from the ipad.

But this just doesn't make sense to me. I don't want a new email address and I need my emails to come from my eircom email address.

Have others found out what actually needs to be done to still use their eircom account using sky broadband and sending mails from the iPad? Or maybe you have a simple explanation as to why this Yahoo mail is needed and that maybe we don't need to change our email address?

Any guidance gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You need to register for "MySky" or whatever they call it and use those credentials.

Its Skys archaic way of preventing spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JaniceComish

Yeah we did that but it wouldn't accept the eircom email address that is on the MySky registration :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 noslenp

Hi,
    Did you ever sort this out - I am having the same problem today.
    I am using Thunderbird email.
    I was on to Sky for an hour and they could not sort it.
    Regards
    Philip

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JaniceComish

Hi Philip. Unfortunately not. We now have one tablet that only has the eircom email and can receive but can't send emails and another that has the Sky one that the situation is the same - can receive and not send. We've not been able to resolve for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hi Philip. Unfortunately not. We now have one tablet that only has the eircom email and can receive but can't send emails and another that has the Sky one that the situation is the same - can receive and not send. We've not been able to resolve for either.

Same problem here for the last three years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

There is a simple enough solution.

Create a Google email address and use those credentials to send your outgoing emails via Googles email server.
    The address is only needed to allow you access Google's mail server only. Emails will still appear as they came from your eircom address. Leave the incoming server details as they are. Works perfectly.
    You also have the added benefit that it doesn't matter what ISP you're using, it'll always show you to send emails via outlook.

Advertisement