Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying a TA in USD

Options
  • 09-08-2017 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I am looking into a safari in Tanzania, which would need to be paid to a local travel agent in USD. Amount is in or around $6k, so keen to get the best way to fund this. Does anyone have an experience of this? e.g. via our bank, or the An Post currency card?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I am looking into a safari in Tanzania, which would need to be paid to a local travel agent in USD. Amount is in or around $6k, so keen to get the best way to fund this. Does anyone have an experience of this? e.g. via our bank, or the An Post currency card?
    Many thanks

I did a safari in Tanzania for my honeymoon 5 years ago. At the time I just did a bank transfer but there is probably a way to get your USD cheaper now.

Have a great time there. We had an amazing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I'd use someone like transferwise or currencyfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bliger

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Many thanks

Revolut should be good as they have limit £5000 per 96? hours card spending
    https://revolut.com

Advertisement