Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding USD abroad

Options
  • 09-08-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need to make a payment in USD to a company in Tanzania. They accept payment via credit card or via bank transfer.

Can you outline the costs of either option? Can you also provide an indicative rate if I was to execute this transaction today?

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Hi

I need to make a payment in USD to a company in Tanzania. They accept payment via credit card or via bank transfer.

Can you outline the costs of either option? Can you also provide an indicative rate if I was to execute this transaction today?

thank you
    Hi RIALTO1,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

In order to make a transfer to a bank account in Tanzania, please call into your local Bank of Ireland branch as it is not possible to make this type of transfer through 365 Online. An advisor in your branch will let you know of the charges at the time you make the transfer. Our daily foreign exchange rate can be found on our website here

If making a payment using your BOI Credit Card, please be advised that there will be a cross border fee applied to the transaction. This will be 2.25% of the total of the transaction. The exchange rate of the transaction will be determined by Mastercard. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement