Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POS System Card Reader

Options
  • 09-08-2017 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I run a small business, and time to time customers wish to pay with card. However I am not setup to manage these requests. I would like to get up to speed with modern methods nevertheless but unfortunately, I am not familiar with these systems and what's available in the market. Can anybody recommend a provider to me? Something basic, reliable and cost efficient.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Depends on the volume. SumUp do a reasonable job if it's just the occasional payment. When you're doing ~€5k+/month by card you'll probably get a better deal from a traditional supplier. I used to have SumUp as an emergency back up as there's no monthly charge. The card device connects to a phone/Tablet via Bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xroguetrader

Tks for reply. Volume isn't all that high, usually less than €500 per month. Heard of SumUp and have inquired to basic setup cost. Any other suggestions?

Advertisement