Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gadget Insurance & Supercover - Worst Insurance company ever!!

• 09-08-2017 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

AKA Blue Insurance

Worst service ever! I received my replacement phone which was all scratched and dented. After a long fight on the phone they agreed to accept it back and replace it.

My replacement arrived yesterday and it's the wrong colour which didn't bother me. What bothered me is that the phone is again faulty! It keeps freezing and switching off. I rang them and I have to return the phone all over again which takes 5 days to process and then they have to send me a replacement all over again which will more than likely be faulty again.

I've asked for manager call backs and get told it takes 24 hours but I'm still waiting.

Extremely poor service!!! Would not recommend to anyone. Total waste of money and time. It's been 6 weeks since my claim was processed and I'm still waiting on a phone that works.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

My two cents: gadget insurance in general is a rip-off and should be avoided.

You pay a fairly hefty amount for it, and half the time when you need it you are likely to realise that either you're not covered because of an exception in the contract, or it takes ages to process the claim, or the repair/replacement is slow or unsatisfactory.

And since many people can't live with their smartphone, that can't wait for weeks to get these fix and have to buy an new one anyway.

Better save 10/15 euros per month and keep that money for when something happens. You'll instantly get whichever now phone you want without struggling having to make a claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,932 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

in the middle of my 2nd long protracted saga with them.

the 1st last 9 weeks when they took my phone for screen replacement and they left it sitting in a room for 7 weeks while they waited for a screen to become available to replace it. surprise surprise they never ordered one and ended up buying a replacement phone. they never consulted me about what type a replacement phone either.

i broke the screen again, and they make out it will take 1 week to contact the fix unit to see whether there is a screen in stock to replace it, but i have to pay 40e for that privilege.

Advertisement