Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trial separation????

• 09-08-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I've been married for almost three years, but we've been together for twenty. We have three kids under six. My husband works in his home county but our house and family are in my home county. The problem is my husband won't give up on his home county, he still expects us all to move there eventually , despite his having no family there anymore. My kids are very attached to my family and go to school and creche here. My husband is very resentful of his kids not growing up in his home place. He takes no interest in any local events and as far as he's concerned our house could fall down around us. He still stays in his home county a few nights a week as he has along commute home. I don't mind this, but all his post goes there, his entire life seems to still be up there. I amcompletely and utterly worn out with it and I'm thinking of a trial separation. He's very good at providing financially for our family but emotionally he's in another place. What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I think it's very odd that you are married 3 years and living seperate lives. I think you should give him an ultimatum. The fact that he stays in his home county instead of with his own family but continues to provide sounds like you are seperated. It's really quite bizarre. Best of luck with it but it doesn't sound like a marriage at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 tamcp

Thanks for your reply. That's my feelings on the situation too. I'm completely sick of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Considering his work is there would you not give living there for a year a try , maybe if he was not on his own there and/or travelling for work he might be able to become more involved in local activities and the Kids lives ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Does your Husband own another property in his Home County where he stays during the week ?
    Is this where he wants you and the kids to live?
    Do you work outside the Home ?

I think a frank discussion just the 2 of you on your future is in order.

Advertisement