Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC Credit Card - No direct debit payment option

• 09-08-2017 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

I completed the form etc and got a call back from agent. Everything going swimmingly until he informs me they don't offer direct debit to clear the balance of credit card and I could manually transfer money or set up a standing order..

I was quite shocked as to me this is a very basic requirement. Just a warning to anyone else who is going to sign up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Most people would probably have a KBC current account also at the same time so you can transfer instantly across. Both balances show in the app so I wouldn't see it as a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Davy wrote: »
    Most people would probably have a KBC current account also at the same time so you can transfer instantly across. Both balances show in the app so I wouldn't see it as a big deal.

Even if you are a customer it still requires a manual intervention to make sure the balance is cleared or set up a standing order which is fixed and could lead to you overpaying or under paying. It's not a good system.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Xcellor wrote: »
    Even if you are a customer it still requires a manual intervention to make sure the balance is cleared or set up a standing order which is fixed and could lead to you overpaying or under paying. It's not a good system.

I dunno. I use the KBC App and transfer the outstanding balance shown from my current account, it's just a couple of taps and all cleared. I find it a great system. Sure, it is a "manual intervention" as opposed to being automatically done like a DD, but it"s no hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Xcellor wrote: »

Personally I prefer to choose the amounts and when to pay rather than deciding what % at the start and then have no flexibility to change it as I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Jeez this actually works out fair handy for me. I’ve had a teenager account for years with ulster bank they never bothered to upgrade it once I hit 18. So I can’t do direct debits, recently applied for kbc student credit card, manually transferring the amount every month will be perfect !

• Advertisement
Advertisement