Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Phone

Options
  • 09-08-2017 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi All,

So i bought a new phone Samsung A5 on Sunday, on Monday Eve the phone switched off completely. It didn't restart till Tuesday Morning. Tuesday eve the same thing, however this time it came back on an hour later. I went into CPW with the phone today who did some restart and said that the issue should be resolved. An hour later, the phone shut down again.

Can I request a replacement? I bought the phone outright. I'm not being awkward but I really dont want to send the phone away to be repaired or see what the issue is, the whole reason I wanted a new phone now as I am going on holidays next week and my old phone's camera was broke and needed to be charged twice a day.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Depends on the person you deal with but a few years ago I bought a prepay phone in cpw and on the same day noticed a line on the camera on screen. I brought it straight back but they wouldn't do anything other than send it for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

HI CarrieDzzz

you are entitled to one the the 3 R's by consumer law. Repair (must be permanent) Replace, Refund

But you cannot demand one over the other. If you disagree with the solution offered you can take a case to the small claims court, costs €25. You may lose if you unreasonably reject a fair offer.

thats the legal situation.

however anyone who buys a brand new phone is not going to be happy with being without their phone for weeks while it gets repaired. look on carphone warehouse website and their policy.
    We are happy to return or exchange your online purchase under any of the following circumstances:

"FAULTY PURCHASE:
    If you have purchased a phone, accessory or mobile broadband modem which becomes faulty within the first 28 days, you are entitled to a replacement or a refund. All faulty returns will be checked to ensure fault is as described. If fault cannot be replicated return will not be accepted and will be returned to you within 14 working days.

Outside these terms handsets/mobile broadband must go for repair."

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/returns-policy

so print that off from their website, drop back in and tell them its their own policy to replace or refund and you want that solution offered. BUT i assume you didn't buy it online, so what your looking for here is the store to behave as if you did.

if you cannot get satisfaction, use this link
    Handling complaints
    24.1 There may well be occasions when you are unhappy with the service that we provided to you. In these cases, we will endeavour to be fair and efficient in handling any complaint you should have and to process your complaint confidentially.
    24.2 If you have a complaint, please e-mail Customer Care at customercare-cpw-ie@cpwplc.com, or call on 1850 424 800
    . or try twitter

Advertisement