Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Player

• 09-08-2017 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

I used a Maplin media player for about three years on an old CRT tv (I prefer CRT) with no problems. It stopped working recently so I swapped the three-pin AV cable and tested on another TV with no luck.

I bought another from the store with the same result, same with their TV in the store. Apparently there's a problem with the socket on their current batch. Does anybody know anywhere else in Dublin city where I can get a similar player with an AV outlet? I've tried Currys and some of the mobile phone stores already.

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-micro-hdmi-1080p-media-player-adapter-n32de

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Get yourself a Raspberry Pi, and run Kodi on it. You'd need to double check, but I'm pretty sure you can get a composite cable for the Pi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emaherx

Get yourself a Raspberry Pi, and run Kodi on it. You'd need to double check, but I'm pretty sure you can get a composite cable for the Pi.

Yes, pi 1,2 and 3 all have composite output. Pi 2+3 have audio and video on a single jack so you need to order the right cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Pi 1 would be a bit underpowered IMO.
    Pi 3 would be best.

Try LibreElec on it ...... very good Kodi experience.

Advertisement