Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Takeaway in SoCo Dublin

Options
  • 09-08-2017 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Only moved to the area from 'other' side and now need to find a good Chinese takeaway. Anywhere that would deliver to the Killiney/Cabinteely/Ballybrack/Glenageary area etc.

Now I'm not asking for fancy here, I'm looking for the 'God I'm hungover and defo need a spice bag in my life' sort of Chinese. Curry sauce is always an issue here - need decent thick spicy curry sauce none of that watery muck.

Also, yes, I know this is not Chinese food and I will eat what I want for a treat so take your 'its not real food' judgement and blend it up with your protein shakes :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Curry Garden in Dun Laoghaire is top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

kg703 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Only moved to the area from 'other' side and now need to find a good Chinese takeaway. Anywhere that would deliver to the Killiney/Cabinteely/Ballybrack/Glenageary area etc.

Now I'm not asking for fancy here, I'm looking for the 'God I'm hungover and defo need a spice bag in my life' sort of Chinese. Curry sauce is always an issue here - need decent thick spicy curry sauce none of that watery muck.

Also, yes, I know this is not Chinese food and I will eat what I want for a treat so take your 'its not real food' judgement and blend it up with your protein shakes :pac:

Kingsland in Glasthule is the sine qua non of Chinesers round here with honourable mentions to Yungs in Dun Laoghaire. Noodle Box in DL has a limited menu but is very good as well.

http://www.sandycoveglasthule.com/kingslandchef.php

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kambo in Ballybrack, but you need cash, no cards and the ATMs in the village never work when you need them.

If you need an Indian then Spice cottage in sallnoggin are great. Or if you need a mix then lets eat in in shankill do Chinese , Thai, Indian and others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

Thanks for those!
    Have the Indian sorted already with a Bombay Pantry around the corner :D

I'll have to try these all out now........for scientific purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Manley in Ballybrack Shopping Centre (Tesco)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

kg703 wrote: »
    Thanks for those!
    Have the Indian sorted already with a Bombay Pantry around the corner :D

I'll have to try these all out now........for scientific purposes

do a search for the Bombay Pantry thread on here a few months back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

do a search for the Bombay Pantry thread on here a few months back :)

? Just see stuff Masala vs Bombay Pantry. Ah Ive been eating BP for years, I know full well the quality has declined but nothing more comforting than a consistently tasty butter chicken masala and garlic chilli naan. I've ordered from a few other places before but I still end up going back.

On another note I ordered a trial Spice Bag from Manley and it was exactly what I wanted - huge bag of chips and crispy 'chicken' with some thick gloopy curry sauce.

I actually do like good proper food but sometimes you want the worst thing you could possibly put into your body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Graces Garden over Bradys in Shankill deliver and probably the best Iv ever tasted. Great service too and delivery never more than 30 minutes unless they are absolutely snowed under

Advertisement