Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canadian Advanced Care Paramedic interested in working in Ireland

• 09-08-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey folks. 
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    I am a Canadian trained Advanced Care Paramedic and looking to work in Ireland. Currently I am trying to become more informed in terms of my credentials needing to become validated, the types of work available etc. Obviously, if I am looking for a move, I'd need to secure employment before I leave.
    Does anyone have any insight, please into work availability at the Paramedic/ACP level? Is it just the one employer who advertise through the publicjobs site? I know that the UK is hurting and they often recruit Paramedics from abroad. Any idea if they do the same in Ireland?
    Sorry for the mass of questions. 

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Hey folks. 
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    I am a Canadian trained Advanced Care Paramedic and looking to work in Ireland. Currently I am trying to become more informed in terms of my credentials needing to become validated, the types of work available etc. Obviously, if I am looking for a move, I'd need to secure employment before I leave.
    Does anyone have any insight, please into work availability at the Paramedic/ACP level? Is it just the one employer who advertise through the publicjobs site? I know that the UK is hurting and they often recruit Paramedics from abroad. Any idea if they do the same in Ireland?
    Sorry for the mass of questions. 

Thanks again.
    The first step is to contact phecc: the pre hospital emergency care council. Www.phecc.ie
    They are the national ems regulator. They licence paramedic/emt's to practice providing you work for an approved service. You need to apply to these guys and have your qualifications assessed first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭MN_Medic

As the previous poster stated, you need to contact the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) and have your qualifications assessed so you can join the register of practitioners in Ireland. Here we have 3 practitioner levels; EMT, Paramedic & Advanced Paramedic.

This might help you in choosing the level that matches your training and how to apply.

http://www.phecit.ie/PHECC/The_register/Joining_the_register/PHECC/The_Register/Joining_The_Register/Joining_The_Register.aspx?Hkey=05904742-270d-4739-b1a2-c0900abe938e

The national ambulance service currently has an open recruitment for qualified staff. Some people join the private services as a stepping stone until they join either the Dublin Fire Brigade or the National Ambulance Service. A list of ambulance providers are also on the PHECC website. You need to be PHECC registered first before looking for recruitment. Some services also require a class C1 (small truck) driving licence. Hope this helps.

Advertisement