Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supernatural - Season 13 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seemed Claire and Kaia had something between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

A lot of Hand touching going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What a load of tripe that episode was! I literally rolled my eyes and muttered ffs at least five times at the shoddy writing and acting going on. Claire is just a pain in the hole, fargo girl is ok in small doses and Jodie is grand .... them all together for the duration of a whole episode, they can clear right off!!

Claire kicking some unseen before mutant's ass with great ease, ack come on. Claire just being a fully trained, solo super hunter with sass? Ack clear off. Claire, gone just gtf.

1/10 and that's being generous.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Enjoyed that as I liked most of the characters from before. Claire's clearly being designed to be mellowed a bit over time from being too biting, which is fine. Chemistry was grand between the cast but would need time to warm up - can't expect it to match anything like a cast who've done near 300 episodes together.

It was a little cheesy in parts - the closing line in particular - and the monsters running around looked a bit like a SyFY production but it definitely had potential.
    Liamalone wrote: »
    1/10 and that's being generous.
    So I take it you won't be watching it then despite a "generous" 1?

ixoy wrote: »
    So I take it you won't be watching it then despite a "generous" 1?

Correct, not a mission I'll be watching it. A total waste of a Supernatural episode in my opinion, especially annoying as it was the first one after a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

I love the story arcs with Jodie etc but i really didn't like that episode either.
    Not sure I'd watch it if it got picked up for a full season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The younger cast weren't so great. Getting back through the portal was fairly easy.

Love Donna!

And then we have one of those car scenes...

Episode 11. Meh, picked up towards the end but wasn't great I thought.

Episode 12: Enjoyed it on the whole despite the return of a certain person, literally rolled my eyes and sighed when the 'then' bit played at the start of the episode.

The 'Angelic' duo is a weird one, unsure about that tangent they're going on, I think the whole series so far is a bit of a mish mash lacking direction :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Young witches drive Volvos. Good Sam/Rowena scene in the car. I'd forgotten about Cas/Lucifer - or whether they were locked up, were they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Only catching up now and just watched Wayward Sisters

It was good in bits and pieces. I'll definitely give it a go given its a proper hunting spin off compared to the previous bloodlines rubbish

If it's good I'll watch it as long as it's not packed full of and constantly emphasized "we're women and we're kick ass yeah!"

If they can just keep it like the episode, female hunters and thats it ya know. Then just hope the storylines are good.

The only thing Im half expecting is if it's cancelled after a season we'll have to listen to a storm of its cause of sexism stick :-\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode this week. Moved the story on quite a bit (it seemed to be stuck in a rut since before Christmas).

Fairly lean episode, good job by Amanda Tapping. Liked the priest character and some decent lines.

Someone stole the Impala, what would you do?
    Murder. I'd murder them all.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just saw some pic's for the upcoming crossover......I need some snacks.

I think that was one of the weakest genre episodes in a while. Didn't enjoy it at all.

They might make up for it at the end of the month though. :)

• Advertisement

Seems to have been a bit of a Marmite episode alright, looking at the Reddit forum. Found it quite a bit of fun and one of the very few episodes with no real supernatural element.

Plus it had this awesome scene:

Sam: "If somebody stole the Impala, what would you do?"
    Dean: "Murder. I'd murder them all. ... There would be torture first. There'd be a lot of torture. And it would end up with death. If I can't have it, nobody can."
    and then Dean staring off into the distance while Sam just waves his hand in his face (and it looks a bit like Jared is trying not to crack up).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Scoobynatural was fantastic.

I don't have the words to say how much I loved that.

Not many shows can run for 13 seasons and pull off something as imaginative and original and fantastic as that. Bloody loved it.

I hope it opens the door for more like it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

My very first thought was "dibs on Daphne" when it started and they met the scooby gang. Just surprised it took Dean 10 mins later.
    Anyone that watched Scooby as a kid has the hots for Daphne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dean snacking out with Shaggy and Scooby :p and he finally has a bigger mouth

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dean snacking out with Shaggy and Scooby :p and he finally has a bigger mouth

when I read the episode first I was like ah ffs..another filler episode...but have to say it was excellently done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Blazer wrote: »
    when I read the episode first I was like ah ffs..another filler episode...but have to say it was excellently done.

Easily my Top 10 episodes of Supernatural are so called "filller episodes"... Mystery Spot, The French Mistake, Baby, Bad Day At Blackrock, Changing Channels, Yellow Fever, Dog Dean Afternoon, The Real Ghostbusters, Scoobynatural are by and large some of the greatest television episodes of all-time...

Most of the time, I could give less of a s**t about the season arc and am much more up for the "filler episodes"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

That was really enjoyable. Hats off to whoever thought of the team up with Scooby-Doo.

Yeah, really liked it. Used elements from both shows well. Plus Dean at the end and the line about the meddling kids. :o

17th April returns on E4

Just watched Scoobynatural. Brilliant!
    Of course Dean would hit on Daphne.

So I had about 5 episodes to watch to catch up to this one and was wondering, how did Sam and Dean officially die again? They mentioned it a couple times in the recent episodes that they're believed to be dead and are still wanted. But I can't remember why they're wanted or how they died.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watched Scoobynatural. Brilliant!
    Of course Dean would hit on Daphne.

So I had about 5 episodes to watch to catch up to this one and was wondering, how did Sam and Dean officially die again? They mentioned it a couple times in the recent episodes that they're believed to be dead and are still wanted. But I can't remember why they're wanted or how they died.

I think it was season where they first came to the attention of the FBI..of course that jail was wiped out by yellow eye's daughter. Can't remember the 2nd time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Scoobynatural.....amazeballs.

Blazer wrote: »
    I think it was season where they first came to the attention of the FBI..of course that jail was wiped out by yellow eye's daughter. Can't remember the 2nd time.
    When they were locked up for trying to kill the President.

Was spoiled over the return of a certain redhead.

Angriest we've seen Dean in some time?

The sooner this series finishes the better, I'd nearly put it down as the worst series out of the thirteen.

Liamalone wrote: »
    The sooner this series finishes the better, I'd nearly put it down as the worst series out of the thirteen.
    Really? I'm enjoying it myself, especially having Lucifer back. Weak point for me was seasons 6 and 7.
    Since the show will have a 14th season at least, why not just quit watching? Too much good TV to hate watch a show.

Yeah I think this season is great too.

A move away from heaven/hell next year wouldn't be the worst idea, though.
    When they start bringing back dead characters (Rowena, Naomi, Gabriel), it shows they are running out of ideas.
    Looks like Rowena wants Crowley back too. :rolleyes:

3.20 had quite a bit of dialogue, or seemed that way. No harm. And the one those bunker chats at the end...

3.21 was excellent. How many sex jokes did they squeeze in there in the end? Felt like I was watching Carry On Supernatural for a while. :)

The emotional beats were well done too. Jensen Ackles is great at acting without saying a word.

Two to go....

The tunnel stuff thing (low light fights a bit tiresome on TV now...) with Sam was unexpected and had emotional weight, yeah. Enjoyed hammered Lucifer too.

• Advertisement

Episode 21 was fantastic - last 2 episodes should be pretty epic.

Penultimate ep wasn't all that great, tbh. Anyway - bring on the finale.

No Wayward Sisters spin off, if you've not already heard.

Yikes, that was all over the place. Didn't think it was great. :(

Pretty underwhelming finale alright. I'm generally more of a fan of the standalone episodes than the big Season Arc stuff anyway, but this "cliffhanger" just seemed all too familiar. We've been here with Dean and Sam several times, but with Dean in particular over the last few years, we've already had Dean-mon and the Mark of Cain as season finale cliffhangers. Michael taking over Dean's body for me was very 'meh' - we already know its not gonna stick. They'll resolve that within a few episodes next season I'm sure.

Next season I need to see Sam and Dean taking on the Wacky Racers in the Impala.

• Advertisement

In fairness, Jensen posted a picture of his new 'role' on Instagram last week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhzweLRgTe7/?hl=en&taken-by=jensenackles

I was 100% sure that it was going to be apocalypse-world Dean.

In hindsight, I think I would have preferred that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

How's Jensen Ackles' Brummie accent?

"By order of the Peaky F*cking Winchesters!!"

That felt like a very rushed ending.
    And the wire work during that fight was awful, especially with Lucifer's run before jumping.

Not being an expert on the situation, if you were going to stab yourself with a knife, wouldn't you do it quickly rather than slowly?

With that final shot with Dean's eyes, all we were missing was either a Vincent Price laugh or the Twilight Zone music

Yeah we were both a little disappointed too.

For starters, half the characters from last week just fecked off - Ketch, Rowena, Charlie. I suppose the episode would have been too crowded with them in it.

Then there a feeling like they didn't quite know how to wrap it up. Now I was happy enough with the Lucifer/Jack stuff as that has been brewing all season but the fight itself was underwhelming and yep, poor wire work. If they weren't able to do it convincingly, then they shouldn't have bothered. I wonder if Ackles just wanted to fly around after all these years and had it put in...

It's the final ending though that was the biggest disappointment. We've been here before. I least hope they let it play out for longer this time. From reading an interview, Ackles was saying how he was happy to finally get to play someone new so, given he's a producer, did he push for something like this? And is he a Peaky Blinders fan?
    The glowing eyes thing was weird - saw someone think it was a nod to 'Thriller'. Director Robert Singer is a veteran of the show so there was some reason for it.

Yeah i was trying to reference the Thriller video when I said the Christopher Lee laugh. Of course i always get the Hammer guys mixed up and meant Vincent Price. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement