Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

tedpan wrote: »
    It does look like that's what it is although it could be the extreme cold??

Yep, just the gallery, you could try VLC player too. Are you sure the card is genuine, there's a lot of fake Samsung out there.

Came in a pack with holographic foil but who knows. What card you reccomend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

satstheway wrote: »
    Came in a pack with holographic foil but who knows. What card you reccomend?

This is a decent card for the money

I use these guys as they're based in Ireland and most cards have a lifetime guarantee

https://www.memoryc.ie/15244-64gb-team-microsdxc-cl10-uhs-1-mobile-phone-memory-card.html

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

This is a decent card for the money

I use these guys as they're based in Ireland and most cards have a lifetime guarantee

https://www.memoryc.ie/15244-64gb-team-microsdxc-cl10-uhs-1-mobile-phone-memory-card.html

Thanks tedpan
    Its all working now.
    Card I think is genuine after watching countless vids on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Well folks, just wondering wheres the best place to buy spare batteries?

Well folks, just wondering wheres the best place to buy spare batteries?

Wherever you find them cheapest. It seems that the majority of battery purchases for both Xiaomi and DJI are being hit with customs of 25-30euro including the processing fee.

Really annoying. I'm awaiting one from gearbest from the black Friday sale. I'll let you know how I get on. Still not bad for 59 Euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

Mine was 88 on tomtop, ordered the 30th November and came 2 days ago. No customs charge. Now all I need is for drone to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

Anybody received it yet that ordered in November ?

11James11 wrote: »
    Anybody received it yet that ordered in November ?

Ordered mine on the 28th November and was shipped on the 3rd December. It said the start of January for estimated delivery when I ordered it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Well spare battery from Gearbest finally arrived today after 5 weeks, got hit €25.28 customs bringing the price to €91. The battery itself did come in an original box but the buttons are not gold like on the 4k one. I assume it's just a battery for the previous version drone so should be fine with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Lanshane wrote: »
    Well spare battery from Gearbest finally arrived today after 5 weeks, got hit €25.28 customs bringing the price to €91. The battery itself did come in an original box but the buttons are not gold like on the 4k one. I assume it's just a battery for the previous version drone so should be fine with this one.

I'm not sure that it is. I've seen mention that they are not compatiable, and some have hacked them to work. I don't know how accurate any of that is. I didn't read much about it, so perhaps a quick google would find out.

Edit. If it's the one links a few pages back, the part number matched the one on the 4k one I have, so it must work. I didn notice the pics were of the older one, but assumed it was just a simple photo mistake.

Edit 2. Seems they may not have been, but a firmware update fixed this.

• Advertisement

Yeah, both batteries have the same power output and can be used on either version of the quad, thanks to an update.

Still no news on my battery delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

Just seeing is is better to buy through tomtop and how long is delivery? Does the controller come with it too? Cheers in Advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

kod12 wrote: »
    Just seeing is is better to buy through tomtop and how long is delivery? Does the controller come with it too? Cheers in Advance

I got mine though GB ,everything you need is in the box ,there’s a spare set of blades in there too .
    Mine came in under 3 weeks with no extra duty

Any deliveries??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I ordered one on the 23rd from Gearbest but it only shipped on the 8th December (two hours after I requested that the order be cancelled). I had been sending them messages almost every day prior to that which they mostly ignored.

The tracking info hasn't updated either.

I will be going shopping if it doesn't arrive by Xmas eve.

Dazzy wrote:
    I ordered one on the 23rd from Gearbest but it only shipped on the 8th December (two hours after I requested that the order be cancelled). I had been sending them messages almost every day prior to that which they mostly ignored.

Yeah, cancellation is not something Asian companies seem to understand understand..
    Dazzy wrote:
    The tracking info hasn't updated either.

That's normal, but due to Christmas, it's gone nuts. I'm waiting for several deliveries, finger's crossed things start arriving this week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Julez

Got a new update on my delivery today "2017-12-13 14:55:08 Parcel is leaving Hong Kong Airport". Not sure it that's good or bad. I'll need An post to have it tomorrow or at the very latest Wed for any chance of pre-Christmas delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

I ordered on 12th Nov. Complained numerous times after tracking was showing "Waiting for flights" for 3-4 weeks

I put in a paypal dispute last week, as it was due for delivery in 5-10 business days with the shipping method i picked.

Checked the tracking just now, it only left Hong Kong on 15th Dec. So they shipped as soon as I raised a Paypal dispute

2017-12-15 "Parcel is leaving Hong Kong Airport"-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You've absolutely no chance of getting that before mid January tbh.

For Jules btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Anyone have any of these for sale by any chance? :(

• Advertisement

Anyone have any of these for sale by any chance? :(

I reckon I will be looking for one too....

I ordered on 12th Nov. Complained numerous times after tracking was showing "Waiting for flights" for 3-4 weeks

I put in a paypal dispute last week, as it was due for delivery in 5-10 business days with the shipping method i picked.

Checked the tracking just now, it only left Hong Kong on 15th Dec. So they shipped as soon as I raised a Paypal dispute

2017-12-15 "Parcel is leaving Hong Kong Airport"-

Mine has - 2017-12-16 "Parcel is leaving Hong Kong Airport"

At least we'll have a new toy to look forward to in January ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

So the battery arrived today. No customs, original 4k battery with the gold button. Very pleased!

Any sign of the actual drone deliveries?

So the battery arrived today. No customs, original 4k battery with the gold button. Very pleased!

No, still no sign of a delivery.

Which courier company delivered the new battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Nada

"Item is not found at this moment, If necessary, please verify with the package sender and check back later."

The spare battery did land today though - :(

Dazzy wrote:
    No, still no sign of a delivery.

Dazzy wrote:
    Which courier company delivered the new battery?

An post. It was express delivery, must have gone to the UK hub.
    "Item is not found at this moment, If necessary, please verify with the package sender and check back later."

Ah yeah, the standard bull**** update. Finger's crossed Santa will deliver it on Saturday :)
    The spare battery did land today though -

Must have been in the same batch as mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Was that with Gearbest? Mine came from Gearbest and was shipped via Sweden. The thing that I am fairly confident triggers the customs is the labelling. On mine was a label with a 'gift' checkbox checked, even though it specifically stated on another label that the origin country was Sweden! The 'gift' label is always a giveaway. No such labelling on the drone itself. How much did it end up costing you? I have an urge to maybe get another 2, but would be great to avoid customs next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

Anyone see a good price for a spare battery ? Ment to order earlier but just been putting it off ,see one on TOMTOP for 100$ including delivery ,can’t see on GB at moment,maybe out of stock..
    Cheers fellas

• Advertisement

Lanshane wrote:
    Was that with Gearbest? Mine came from Gearbest and was shipped via Sweden. The thing that I am fairly confident triggers the customs is the labelling. On mine was a label with a 'gift' checkbox checked, even though it specifically stated on another label that the origin country was Sweden! The 'gift' label is always a giveaway. No such labelling on the drone itself. How much did it end up costing you? I have an urge to maybe get another 2, but would be great to avoid customs next time!

Yep, the battery was on offer for 59eur with a discount code for black Friday. 2euro shipping. So 61eur in total :) no gift labels this time and it stated that there was a lithium ion battery inside on a big white label.

Wish I'd bought more now, 3 will do I suppose :)

Advertisement