Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

Think I’ll wait till an offer comes thru

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Yeah no batteries appear to be available on Gearbest. Tedpan has them emptied out! If Gearbest were a little more consistent it would help a lot....I'll wait for an offer to come up on them before I get another one....

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

I got 1 on ebay for €71 but not here yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Lanshane wrote:
    Yeah no batteries appear to be available on Gearbest. Tedpan has them emptied out! If Gearbest were a little more consistent it would help a lot....I'll wait for an offer to come up on them before I get another one....

Haha, I only bought one extra on black Friday, already had two. :)

Gearbest do have the batteries, I just checked, 70euro now though. The original and the 4k battery are the same, seems to be a lucky dip which one arrives.

tedpan wrote: »
    Haha, I only bought one extra on black Friday, already had two. :)

Gearbest do have the batteries, I just checked, 70euro now though. The original and the 4k battery are the same, seems to be a lucky dip which one arrives.

Lucky dip for customs too!

• Advertisement

I got some great photos at weekend but the video didn’t come out clear tho .
    Usually I do clips about 1 min long and in previous week got some great video but this time I think I changed the video settings to the highest resolution,it was jumpy and distorted this time round when I tried to view , I’m using Vlc player and have a class 10 micro sd.
    For the video settings what do ye get best results from?
    I thought the default settings were the highest resolution.
    Any thoughts much appreciated ....

RonTon wrote:
    I got some great photos at weekend but the video didn’t come out clear tho . Usually I do clips about 1 min long and in previous week got some great video but this time I think I changed the video settings to the highest resolution,it was jumpy and distorted this time round when I tried to view , I’m using Vlc player and have a class 10 micro sd. For the video settings what do ye get best results from? I thought the default settings were the highest resolution. Any thoughts much appreciated ....

What kind of laptop are you using, do you know the specs? If it's choppy or laggy it probably means your laptop is not powerful enough to handle 4k. I tend to use 1080p 30 or 60FPS which always comes out great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Incase anyone missed this post
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057822217/1/#post105624071

Change your Gearbest password.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ltec

Mine was jumpy on the laptop too, but when I put on usb stick and into 4k TV it was perfect.

ltec wrote: »
    Mine was jumpy on the laptop too, but when I put on usb stick and into 4k TV it was perfect.

That’s a great idea ,never thought of that,thanks.
    I’m using an old pc at moment till I get a card reader for the iPad Pro (I’m hoping that will work)

• Advertisement

Mine was jumpy too using VLC player on PC. It couldn't handle it. I thought it was due to a drain in PC resources but after checking them out it was not. It turned out to be the VLC player itself, which I then updated which helped a lot. The files play and look fantastic on a tablet, using both VLC and MX players. On a large TV they do look a little pixelated but that's to be expected on a much bigger screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Install the K-lite codec pack, it cures a lot of video playback problems.

https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

satstheway wrote: »
    I got 1 on ebay for €71 but not here yet

I payed the same on ebay, but the government will steal me more 27 euros so it will cost nearly 100 €. No sign of drone yet that was posted on 14 november by gearbest not even in Ireland yet, very affraid of been stolen again by government.

Tried a flight yesterday just up 4 5m then land. It landed would not shutoff jumped sideways and broke a prop.
    So today fitted guards just in case. And it flies like a dream. Camera will take a bit of adjustment as the green looks a bit off.
    Lovely piece of kit.

satstheway wrote:
    Tried a flight yesterday just up 4 5m then land. It landed would not shutoff jumped sideways and broke a prop. So today fitted guards just in case. And it flies like a dream. Camera will take a bit of adjustment as the green looks a bit off. Lovely piece of kit.

Did you hold the two control sticks down and to the centre to shut it off? Jumping sounds very strange, really annoying you broke a prop, you can always buy more though!

Glad you're enjoying it anyway!

Did you hold the two control sticks down and to the centre to shut it off? Jumping sounds very strange, really annoying you broke a prop, you can always buy more though!

Glad you're enjoying it anyway!

Have 2 more sets on route after lastnight.

Yes I was doing it wrong, on touchdown l pulled down both sticks. On reading the manual again i just hold down left stick for 5 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

think its safe to say mines not arriving - Ive opened a paypal dispute. I'll wait until thats resolved before I start again.

Had a right disaster this morning.

Was doing a flight around my house this morning(I live in a rural area) up at a good height ,clear day ,little wind and I lost connection to drone ,the bloody thing kept going , the sun was in my eyes so I lost sight of it, spent a few hours looking for it but haven’t found it yet.
    It didn’t RTH which I thought it would ....
    Since I got the drone I’ve flown it quiet a few times and was getting comfortable with it , I went thru in my mind what I did and did I do anything wrong/different ,I couldn’t think of anything.
    Balls...
    Hopefully it will turn up but it could of gone a mile or 2 before coming down . I probably should have put my phone number or name on it .
    If a neighbor finds it and looks at the memory card they will hopefully know it’s mine .
    Will look again tomorrow morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

AS1890 wrote: »
    Excellent footage. Is it hard to get the hang of flying this? Or any drone in particular. I ordered one for 30€ just to get started and to practice.

they arent bad to fly i just started using one my neices got, you need a big open space tho... i found at first they seem unpredictable but once u get the hang of the controls its smooth enough to fly em

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KyleJJE

Anything better than €393 post xmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

RonTon wrote: »

Was doing a flight around my house this morning(I live in a rural area) up at a good height ,clear day ,little wind and I lost connection to drone ,the bloody thing kept going , the sun was in my eyes so I lost sight of it, spent a few hours looking for it but haven’t found it yet.
    Since I got the drone I’ve flown it quiet a few times and was getting comfortable with it , I went thru in my mind what I did and did I do anything wrong/different ,I couldn’t think of anything.
    Balls...
    Hopefully it will turn up but it could of gone a mile or 2 before coming down . I probably should have put my phone number or name on it .
    If a neighbor finds it and looks at the memory card they will hopefully know it’s mine .

Aw no. That's a dose. Did you flick the RTH switch, or just leave it to it's own devices? Either way, any time mine lost connection, it always returned with out having to use the switch.

I wonder if the battery would last long enough to be still lighting the lights on it. Much easier find it in the dark, as I found out with my sons €30 one. He lost his after a few seconds of flight. Wasn't gone far, but found it when daylight was poor. I walked past it 3 times before it was dark enough to see the lights.
    Also, bring the remote with you, and try a few times to connect. You may be close enough to make contact with it. Of course, this does all depends on the battery still having enough in it.

Hope you find it

KyleJJE wrote: »
    Anything better than €393 post xmas?

I reckon if you bide your time, you'll get it better than that

think its safe to say mines not arriving - Ive opened a paypal dispute. I'll wait until thats resolved before I start again.

How long are you waiting at this stage?

Aw no. That's a dose. Did you flick the RTH switch, or just leave it to it's own devices? Either way, any time mine lost connection, it always returned with out having to use the switch.

I wonder if the battery would last long enough to be still lighting the lights on it. Much easier find it in the dark, as I found out with my sons €30 one. He lost his after a few seconds of flight. Wasn't gone far, but found it when daylight was poor. I walked past it 3 times before it was dark enough to see the lights.
    Also, bring the remote with you, and try a few times to connect. You may be close enough to make contact with it. Of course, this does all depends on the battery still having enough in it.

Hope you find it
    I went out just as it was getting dark looking for the lights but no joy , hopefully will have better luck tomorrow with a couple of extra bodies giving a hand ...
    I looked thru the settings and it looks like the setting for the Chinese gps adjustment might have been turned on ,so when it lost connection the RTH activated but home was somewhere else .
    That’s the only thing I can think of and even at that I’m not sure was that on/off ..
    Balls x 2

And if I do find it ,will the frosty night wreck it

How long are you waiting at this stage?

Since Nov 12th

I'd say Christmas is something to do with the delay. Know I've said this before, but I'm sure you'll see something soon. The lack of tracking does bring doubts into your mind although products always show up in the end. Maybe the PayPal dispute will force gearbest to actually take a look at where the shipment is.

RonTon wrote:

Oh my god, I'm guessing it tried to return to home and hit a tree or building on the way back. Whenever I've lost connection it always returns. Really hope you find it, terrible news..

I'd say Christmas is something to do with the delay. Know I've said this before, but I'm sure you'll see something soon. The lack of tracking does bring doubts into your mind although products always show up in the end. Maybe the PayPal dispute will force gearbest to actually take a look at where the shipment is.

Oh my god, I'm guessing it tried to return to home and hit a tree or building on the way back. Whenever I've lost connection it always returns. Really hope you find it, terrible news..

You can make an RF beacon for quite cheap with an arduino and walkie talkie must order the bits so I'll have it when the drone lands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

beanian wrote: »
    lovely day for it today
    took it up near poolbeg chimneys and caught a ferry leaving the port https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZAJRXiD96Y&feature=youtu.be

The stones to fly it so close to the ferry, I'm surprised they didn't call the coastguard / Gardaí

RonTon wrote: »

Balls...

Where about in the country are you.
    Maybe someone close with another drone couls scout the area. If you do find pull off the battery and dry all out seriously well b4 trying to power it up again. I suspect like most electronics they can take little moisture but moisture and power would finish it.
    Here's hoping u find it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Anyone ever get an "Unstable battery voltage, please be carful" error upon starting their quad? Got a new battery from tomtop and I get this message. Looking at the cell info I can see one cell is lower then the others and highlighted in red

Advertisement