Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Anyone tempted to take her out in/above the fog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Anyone tempted to take her out in/above the fog?

I wouldn't if I were you. Fog is air saturated with water. It's close to freezing outside. You'll risk Icing up the drone and damaging it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Thought as much. There's a few youtube videos of others doing it.
    I'll keep her indoors for now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Thought as much. There's a few youtube videos of others doing it. I'll keep her indoors for now

I was so tempted, no wind here at all. Hopefully the weekend will be slightly warmer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I had it in my hand with that thought today, but noticed that 3 out of the 4 motors seemed "coggy". One would tun nice and freely with my hand, but the others, to different degrees, had a distinct notchiness to them, as if they had bearings on the way out. It doesn't have a lot of work done, so I hope it's not that.

Has anyone elses have that feel to theirs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

I had it in my hand with that thought today, but noticed that 3 out of the 4 motors seemed "coggy". One would tun nice and freely with my hand, but the others, to different degrees, had a distinct notchiness to them, as if they had bearings on the way out. It doesn't have a lot of work done, so I hope it's not that.

Has anyone elses have that feel to theirs?

Yep, I have that feeling on my motors as I turn them slowly.....still flies fine. They were like that from the start too...

Lanshane wrote: »
    Yep, I have that feeling on my motors as I turn them slowly.....still flies fine. They were like that from the start too...

Ahh grand. I ran it for a minute to see if it was alright. Thought I saw it vibrate the giro a bit, like it would result in a jello effect, but it does seem fine. Good to know it's normal for the motors to be that way, and it's not just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Ahh grand. I ran it for a minute to see if it was alright. Thought I saw it vibrate the giro a bit, like it would result in a jello effect, but it does seem fine. Good to know it's normal for the motors to be that way, and it's not just me.

My motors jump through the fields as permanent magnet motors do and when i spin them by hand they are ok but when I fly it sometimes has a bit of a highpitch noise sometimes which i think could sound like a dry bearing. Not sure.
    I always observe them on shutdown to see if any slow down noticeably quicker or have any heat in them.

On a seperate note got revenue letter today for battery ordered on ebay.

Sent a screen shot of ebay to see if it is good enough.

There definitely seems to be differences in the motors although have no scratchiness or other strange sounds on mine. The motors are about €12 to replace but still expect it them to last at least two years of weekend flying.

satstheway wrote:
    On a seperate note got revenue letter today for battery ordered on ebay.

So annoying, they seem to catch the batteries a lot..
    satstheway wrote:
    Sent a screen shot of ebay to see if it is good enough.
    Yeah, that will do. They just need a value so they can add the tax accordingly.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

My second drone is in portlaoise now ( arrived at 2am this morning - expect it to be here Monday ) - check your package on 17track.net

The faryaa.com latest listing says Parcel arrived at Prague, Czech

I ordered my 2nd drone on the 30th of November and went out on the 2nd of December

ALSO WORD OF WARNING

Take care when flying it - you DO NOT want to deal with gearbest if you damage it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Received my drone yesterday to Offaly had to pay 110.39 to an post:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Snowc wrote: »
    Received my drone yesterday to Offaly had to pay 110.39 to an post:mad:

why are you angry about that?

customs are a part of ordering from outside of the EU.

RossieMan wrote: »

Because No one else on this thread got hit for customs. It's always a possibility, but do you expect them to be happy about it. Angry or peed off about it would be reasonable.

lordlame wrote: »
    ALSO WORD OF WARNING

Take care when flying it - you DO NOT want to deal with gearbest if you damage it

Sounds like there's a story to tell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

I got my other half a DJI spark for Christmas and we are sending it back.
    It cant go more than about 200M without picture breakup and the DJI software is a pain in the ass with warnings and constant firmware updates.

Its like having a nanny with the way DJI have built it and try to control everything.
    For example in the US the transmitter has more power and you dont get picture breakup even if you go a km or two away. The spark wont even go 400M in europe. Yes you can hack it, but you shouldnt have to go hacking stuff to get it to work properly.

I think this one sounds like a great replacement. Anything but DJI tbh.
    We loved the size and portability of the spark, but DJI nanny company ...

Anyone know anything as good as the spark, about the same size but not DJI and with better range?
    Failing any suggestions i think we will go for the one in the op. Thanks op

KellyXX wrote: »
    It cant go more than about 200M without picture breakup and the DJI software is a pain in the ass with warnings and constant firmware updates.

Its like having a nanny with the way DJI have built it and try to control everything.
    For example in the US the transmitter has more power and you dont get picture breakup even if you go a km or two away. The spark wont even go 400M in europe. Yes you can hack it, but you shouldnt have to go hacking stuff to get it to work properly.

Anyone know anything as good as the spark, about the same size but not DJI and with better range?
    Apart from a couple of €30 ones, I have only this one, so I can't really help you there. There's a drone forum on boards. You'd get a better help there I'd imagine.

Strange that you're not getting good distance. Did you try it out in the middle of nowhere. I think in more built up areas you'll get less distance due to interference. A buddy of mine had a DJI Mavic pro, and never had a problem like that.

Apart from a couple of €30 ones, I have only this one, so I can't really help you there. There's a drone forum on boards. You'd get a better help there I'd imagine.

Strange that you're not getting good distance. Did you try it out in the middle of nowhere. I think in more built up areas you'll get less distance due to interference. A buddy of mine had a DJI Mavic pro, and never had a problem like that.

A mavic would have better distance alright. The wifi signal on the spark is cut down for europe. Its terrible.
    Thanks, i'll dry the other forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

RossieMan wrote: »

From your other posts on here you come across as a very bitter person,go out and get some fresh air;)

• Advertisement

lordlame wrote:
    ALSO WORD OF WARNING

lordlame wrote:

I think that's the same for buying from all the supplers in Asia, they just don't take ownership.

Wide open spaces and you'll be fine..
    Snowc wrote:
    Received my drone yesterday to Offaly had to pay 110.39 to an post

Disaster :( glad you got the drone, first to get hit is really annoying though. Hopefully the weather will get better and you go out and have fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I bought a Spark when the Xiaomi didn't arrive. If you use your phone as the controller then the distance will be significantly reduced, you need to use the DJI Spark controller with line of sight to get the full 2km.

I have used a phantom 4 pro and the spark has similiar range.

Dazzy wrote: »
    I bought a Spark when the Xiaomi didn't arrive. If you use your phone as the controller then the distance will be significantly reduced, you need to use the DJI Spark controller with line of sight to get the full 2km.

I have used a phantom 4 pro and the spark has similiar range.

We only got 300m with the remote controller.
    Did you have to hack it into fcc mode to get that distance? If so what will you do when dji close off that hack?

We only got 300m with the remote controller.
    Did you have to hack it into fcc mode to get that distance? If so what will you do when dji close off that hack?

We made no changes and didn't install any of the updates.

When we started using the drone we didn't have a remote controller so the distance between the drone and phone was very limited when flying.

Once we got the proper controller there was a massive difference in range and comparable to the Phantom 4.

The eagle has landed :cool:

My Xiaomi drone arrived today with no extra customs charges thankfully. As I had to buy the DJI Spark on Xmas eve I wont be needing this one.

I've put it for sale on Adverts if anyone is interested. I have the Drone, Spare Battery and Case. All brand new and never opened.

https://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/brand-new-xiaomi-mi-drone-4k-uhd-wifi-quadcopter-new-spare-battery-new-case/14604797

My (2nd) drone arrived today too. No extra charges here, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Got mine this morning also with no custom charge added on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Mine Also Turned up today, no customs charge.

Just in time for christmas:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Same - no custom charges either

Advertisement