Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

The eagle has landed

Dazzy wrote:
    My Xiaomi drone arrived today with no extra customs charges thankfully. As I had to buy the DJI Spark on Xmas eve I wont be needing this one.

Decent price, should sell quick..

My (2nd) drone arrived today too. No extra charges here, either.

jvrk wrote:
    Got mine this morning also with no custom charge added on.

mawk wrote:
    Mine Also Turned up today, no customs charge.

mawk wrote:
    Just in time for christmas

lordlame wrote:
    Same - no custom charges either

Nice one lads, glad they've finally arrived. Now the fun begins!

Any questions, please ask. Think I will go for a flight this afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Thanks everyone for updating the thread.

They mus be dispatching them in batches?!

On average how long did everyone's take to arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

jim salter wrote: »

About 7 weeks from order, but it took 2 weeks after the order for Gearbest to dispatch the drone.

jim salter wrote: »

I ordered one a few months ago and crashed it almost immediately, requiring me to buy a second one.

Anyway, i ordered it and it was at my door 2 weeks later.

This one took about 8 weeks.

I think they just ship a load of old sh*te in the one container and it's pot luck if your order gets into this one or the next one.

Dazzy wrote: »
    About 7 weeks from order, but it took 2 weeks after the order for Gearbest to dispatch the drone.

Thanks Dazzy, that's actually not too bad. (I know if you were waiting for it as a Christmas present it is crap)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

Looking to get an sd card for this would this work ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Refunded from Gearbest as they were playing silly beggars- order Nov 15th

Nice bonus if it arrives though- I'll wait a bit before ordering another one

11James11 wrote: »
    Looking to get an sd card for this would this work ?

It's a 4K card so should do the job pretty sure I ordered same one

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ltec

I would sell my Xiaomi drone again. Flew twice for 5 mins. As new. If your interested pm me. Just don't think I really need it. Located centre Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ltec

If anybody is interested I'd sell my Xiaomi drone. Flew twice for 5 mins. As new. If interested pm me. I'm located centre Northern Ireland. Thought I needed one till I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Does anyone else have an issue with the compass where it wont take off?

I have to keep turning it until its in whatever direction it feels like and then it can take off.

Interference from its own cabling?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

mawk wrote: »

I have to keep turning it until its in whatever direction it feels like and then it can take off.

It happens. Turn at a right angle and wait normally works.

mawk wrote:

satstheway wrote:
    It happens. Turn at a right angle and wait normally works.

Yeah, just move it to a few feet away and it will be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

mawk wrote: »

I just turn it 10° clockwise and leave back down in same spot, if still can't take off then turn another 10°. Always works for me so not a problem really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Lanshane wrote: »
    I just turn it 10° clockwise and leave back down in same spot, if still can't take off then turn another 10°. Always works for me so not a problem really...
    I've never managed to calibrate the compass, yet I never had a problem with it flying. Or returning to home, or whatever. What does it do exactly?

On a different note, it's snowing in various places. Could be some good shots in the morning. I have the battery on charge because last time I tried in the cold I was getting a battery reheating error, and it wouldn't fly.

Edit. Had a look at the forecast. Looks like it might be too windy regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

I've never managed to calibrate the compass, yet I never had a problem with it flying. Or returning to home, or whatever. What does it do exactly?

On a different note, it's snowing in various places. Could be some good shots in the morning. I have the battery on charge because last time I tried in the cold I was getting a battery reheating error, and it wouldn't fly.

Edit. Had a look at the forecast. Looks like it might be too windy regardless

Every electronic compass device initially needs to be calibrated...plenty of info on what exactly it does available online.

Some great shots tomorrow I'm sure. Just keep it dry! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Don't forget temperature drops by approx 1°C per 100m of altitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭JimFin

I ordered on Nov 24th and up to 3 days ago the tracking information said it was in Prague but that information has all disappeared and I now have no record of where the order is. The tracking on http://www.faryaa.com is returning nothing, no record at all. Has this happened anyone else or is there a better way to track?

JimFin wrote:
    is returning nothing, no record at all. Has this happened anyone else or is there a better way to track?

Get in touch with gearbest support. Other boardsies went through PayPal directly. See what gearbest have to say, then file a dispute if they can't help.

JimFin wrote: »
    I ordered on Nov 24th and up to 3 days ago the tracking information said it was in Prague but that information has all disappeared and I now have no record of where the order is. The tracking on http://www.faryaa.com is returning nothing, no record at all. Has this happened anyone else or is there a better way to track?

I got a refund from them - Just checked the tracking as well it was showing as initially shipped from shenzen or wherever on the faryaa site but now it shows nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Got the following email today :
    Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing an order with us. We apologize that you have yet to receive your package.

There has been a slight delay to your delivery. However, we are pleased to inform you that the package is now in your local country and will be delivered to you soon.

Kindly wait for your package to arrive.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and kind support.

Best regards,

Support center

Gearbest Customer Service

Seems like they don't want anyone else claiming money back because the shipping hasn't updated and the tracking number isn't recognised by an post so it doesn't appear to be in Ireland like they say.

Will continue to wait and hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

Try this website for tracking .I can see why gearbest are reluctant to give refunds,there is a lot of post online where people got full/partial refunds and received there goods in the end,just seems to be a long backlog with Christmas.It seems that everybody in this thread got their drone in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Julez

Still no sign of mine ordered 18th Nov. But got an email the same as lintdrummer's above.

Seems like they don't want anyone else claiming money back because the shipping hasn't updated and the tracking number isn't recognised by an post so it doesn't appear to be in Ireland like they say.

Julez wrote:
    Still no sign of mine ordered 18th Nov. But got an email the same as lintdrummer's above.

If it's in the local country, it should be on anposts website, is there anything updated there?

The weather has been too poor for flying. It'll be worth the wait in the end, although I'd have flipped by now!!

tedpan wrote: »
    If it's in the local country, it should be on anposts website, is there anything updated there?

The weather has been too poor for flying. It'll be worth the wait in the end, although I'dw have flipped by now!!

Damn it thought I'd have it this week- Got the same email just there lads - I'd say it's a last ditch at stopping people claiming refund

Nothing on anpost or 17track wonder has one of the containers gone awol

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

I got the same email but received mine on Monday. Just waiting for weather to improve now.

Try this website for tracking .I can see why gearbest are reluctant to give refunds,there is a lot of post online where people got full/partial refunds and received there goods in the end,just seems to be a long backlog with Christmas.It seems that everybody in this thread got their drone in the end.

Thanks for that link James. Tracking for my package is there. Says estimated delivery 17/02/18-09/03/18 :o

So-Youre-Saying.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

tedpan wrote: »

Not recognised on an post tracking system, that's why I'm convinced it's a stalling tactic.

• Advertisement

To be fair I got the bag from same order almost straight away so assumed it wasn't coming- didn't realise so many from Nov hadn't gotten theirs

Advertisement