Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Australian Visa for Over 50's

• 09-08-2017 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9

Hi,

Just to give a quick background. I am currently studying to become a psychotherapist/counsellor and am due to finish in 2021 (Level 8 course). I plan on moving over to Brisbane then but am unsure on what visa. I will be 27 by then.

My parents also want to go to Oz around that same time too to live permanently. They will be 55 & 60 by then. My mam has a level 8 degree in early childhood education and has previously owned a childcare service. She will be 55 and is obviously planning on continuing to work for at least 10 years afterwards. My dad, however, is currently a public servant but will be retired by then and plans on bringing his pension as a support means. Meaning he will not be dependent on the Australian state. However, he is open to working if needs be.

We have family members over there (my mams cousins) who are more than willing to sponsor us but, to be honest, we aren't really sure of what is allowed or possible etc.

So I suppose my main questions would be; what are the chances of my parents getting a visa? Would our family be able to sponsor us? What long term (ish) visas would be suitable for me to apply for?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement