Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop for Photoshop

Options
  • 09-08-2017 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking for a desktop to run photoshop on. I read that core i5 is what i need.

I will be doing casual editing on photoshop.

If anyone could recommend me a desktop pc, new or refurbished that can run photoshop at ease, i would much appreciate it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hi all,
    I am looking for a desktop to run photoshop on. I read that core i5 is what i need.

I will be doing casual editing on photoshop.

If anyone could recommend me a desktop pc, new or refurbished that can run photoshop at ease, i would much appreciate it

Thanks

What's casual editing. If you are not working with RAW files or really large images then you really don't need anything special

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

If you are not working with RAW files or really large images then you really don't need anything special
    Agreed. I'm using Photoshop on a laptop with an i5-6200U, 8GB RAM, it works fine for most tasks. Lightroom works fine too.
    I'm also using Photoshop on a desktop with a slightly better spec - a dedicated GPU andf multiple hard disks. Ideally you shoud have a dedicated GPU and a secondary disk. If you have a desktop adding a secondary disk is a trivial operation, and well worth the investment in performance terms, even if the basic setup isn't too powerful.
    Check out the Adobe perfomance tips here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Advertisement